first pics of DAL 744

Not bad, not bad at all! I'm looking more foward to the A320/30 livery!:) God I love the sound of those engines!

Weeeeell, they weren't copyrighted... ;)

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• image001.jpg
    image001.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 503
  • image002.jpg
    image002.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 487
  • image003.jpg
    image003.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 487
  • image005.jpg
    image005.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 481
  • image004.jpg
    image004.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 485
  • image006.jpg
    image006.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 497
You gonna bid it and start commuting to DTW, Doug? I'll probably know a great crashpad by the time you get around to it.

You gonna bid it and start commuting to DTW, Doug? I'll probably know a great crashpad by the time you get around to it.

I don't know, I don't have to worry half as much about getting stabbed at my commuter hotel in Rockville Center than I would anywhere in DTW!

I don't know, I don't have to worry half as much about getting stabbed at my commuter hotel in Rockville Center than I would anywhere in DTW!

Naw, Metro's gotta be a good 20 miles from the parts of Detroit you want to avoid. The area just around the airport is industrial to be sure, but not dangerous. Go grab yourself a room at one of the commuter friendly hotels and then fly your 16 hour leg to Japan! Sure sounds productive to me. Do three crossings in a month and you've got yourself 96 hours (if it is in fact 16 hours there and 16 hours back, I've never done it to tell you the truth so I'm guessing).

So, Doug when will the upgrade from the 767 to the 747 be? Or is it one of those rules you can only fly Delta airplanes, not Northwest.

Naw, Metro's gotta be a good 20 miles from the parts of Detroit you want to avoid. The area just around the airport is industrial to be sure, but not dangerous. Go grab yourself a room at one of the commuter friendly hotels and then fly your 16 hour leg to Japan! Sure sounds productive to me. Do three crossings in a month and you've got yourself 96 hours (if it is in fact 16 hours there and 16 hours back, I've never done it to tell you the truth so I'm guessing).

Three day trips exist to Osaka, Nagoya, and Narita that credit about 26 hours. Start at noon on day one and end at noon on day three. I think I'd take that. :drool:

And yeah, the area near the airport does actually seem pretty safe. I haven't been shot while walking through the snow to Bob's Big Boy yet.

So, Doug when will the upgrade from the 767 to the 747 be? Or is it one of those rules you can only fly Delta airplanes, not Northwest.

Who knows.

The 747's are 'fenced' for a period of time so Delta pilots are unable to bid that flying at this point. I'm not sure how many years that's going to be in place or the stipulations which would bring the fences down earlier.

I really don't know anyone who really gives a poop much about a second deck and two extra engines to worry about!

There is no hootin' and hollerin' in Peachtree City about the 747. Me? About the only thing that'd drag me off the 767ER is if the 777 started flying the same routes (Europe, Africa and parts of the Middle East). Dubai, Korea, India and Japan all month long? Meh...

Nice looking Whale!

Still one of the best looking airplanes ever.

...The 747's are 'fenced' for a period of time...

Five year fence for 747.

Any 777-300ER replacement for the 744 is fenced from ODelta pilots.
New 777LR deliveries will have OD fences.

NDelta fences for the 787 will only last about a year because the fences are for 5 years from closing of Single Operating Certificate.

SOC closing is maybe 4-6 months away. My guess is the 787 won't enter service prior to 2012.

I'm guessing the Delta 787-8 positions will be converted to -9 options

Cheers
George

Nice looking Whale!

Still one of the best looking airplanes ever.

Five year fence for 747.

Any 777-300ER replacement for the 744 is fenced from ODelta pilots.
New 777LR deliveries will have OD fences.

NDelta fences for the 787 will only last about a year because the fences are for 5 years from closing of Single Operating Certificate.

SOC closing is maybe 4-6 months away. My guess is the 787 won't enter service prior to 2012.

I'm guessing the Delta 787-8 positions will be converted to -9 options

Cheers
George

:yeahthat: I had read 5 years as well.

Three day trips exist to Osaka, Nagoya, and Narita that credit about 26 hours. Start at noon on day one and end at noon on day three. I think I'd take that. :drool:

And yeah, the area near the airport does actually seem pretty safe. I haven't been shot while walking through the snow to Bob's Big Boy yet.

I miss Big Boy a lot maing. They don't have those out here, so every time I go home I make sure I hit up Buffalo Wild Wings, Big Boy and drink some Bell's beer.

Back