First lesson

pilot602

If specified, this will replace the title that
Well, last night I "taught" my first lesson to my CFI. My lesson plan was pretty much solid but I really had no clue how to get from lesson plan to teaching. So we came up with an outline idea that Ithink will work.

Overall after I got over the awkwardness of the fact I was "teaching" my CFI I think I kinda picked up on what she was looking for and what I need to do. I think this is gonna be fun.
laugh.gif

Wow what happened to your plane?
shocked.gif
grin.gif

Yeah it really is awkward at first, but then you get into it and it gets fun.

<-- you mean this?

I saw the link in the squawk about message baord personalities and got inspired.
laugh.gif

Back on topic ... now that I have a rough idea of what/how I should be doing this I think I have a plan that will help out a ton. My biggest problem was figuring out how much should be "read" and how much should be off the top of my head ...

Well seeing as I've taught a form of martial arts for about 5 years now I thought it was the most appropriate ...
tongue.gif

never heard of it . What is it exactly?
I've been doing Jeet Kune Do for quite some time. It's a mix of several martial arts.

It's Japanese ... Bujinkan is simply the "school" or (lack of a better term) "Dojo." The art itself is Ninjutsu. Mainly consists of joint manipulation, locks, grappling, stirking, weapons (sword, chain, stick etc.). We get into some stealth and concealment but nothing major ...

[ QUOTE ]
Bujinkan Ninjustsu

[/ QUOTE ]
Easy for YOU to say.
wink.gif

I took Kempo, which is Japanese for "very uncomfortable fighting stance"
grin.gif

Seriously, if I remember correctly, Kempo meant "law of the fist".

I got about midway through my belts (orange almost green .... I think.. it's been a few years).

Good stuff. If you've ever considered taking a martial art, do it.

Isn't Tae Kwan Do what they use in Hollweird because it's more "showy"? Honestly, I don't know.

Personally, the thing I didn't like about Kempo (don't know if it's the same with other forms) was (as I hinted at) the stance. VERY uncomfortable.

I'd like to take Krav Magda (Magna... Maga...????).. the Israeli fighting technique. VERY fast and brutal. Great for self defense in close quarters.

Don't you do a lot of forms in Kempo (i.e. stuff that you don't really need?)
The thing I like about JKD is that they incorporate: muy thai; kali; brazilian jiu-jitsu, savate and a few other martial arts so you're pretty much prepared for anything......

[ QUOTE ]
Don't you do a lot of forms in Kempo (i.e. stuff that you don't really need?)

[/ QUOTE ]
Don't know about incorporating a lot of forms, but there were silly little names for the different moves..... "Crouching Tiger...Hidden Dragon.."

no wait... was that a movie or a game that Sigried and Roy play on vacation????
grin.gif

I took Kempo Karate for a year and loved it. It seemed like more street fighting then pure form, but then again, my instructor was a Marine who liked to fight.
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
The thing I like about JKD is that they incorporate: muy thai; kali; brazilian jiu-jitsu, savate and a few other martial arts so you're pretty much prepared for anything......

[/ QUOTE ]

How about a 9mm?

I love it when people get in my face and ask me that question ("duhh .. how you gonna beat up my "Gat?").

I look 'em right in the eye and ask "where's your gun now?"

99.9% of the time it's "uh in the truck ... uh at home ... uh I don't have one."

I just smile ...

Any weapon (gun, sword, staff, baseball bat, etc.) is compeltely useless if you don't have it on your person and in a state ready to use.

Back