First Actual!

PhotoPilot

Today I logged 2.1 total with 1.7 actual - my FIRST actual!

We had great IFR training weather around Fresno and went up for two seperate flights in the Seminole. Between the two, we hit 5 approaches (3 VORs, 2 LOCs), had a lot of vectoring for traffic and approach transitions, and entered three holds. I was defintely busy, but managed to handle it without getting too far behind. All I have to say is . . .

ROCK ON! I love this stuff!
grin.gif

Awesome.
grin.gif

I always love actual. For some reason when I'm in it, I always feel like the cockpit is a nice comfortable cocoon. Yeah, I'm crazy...don't mind me.
wink.gif

Great, wait untill you get that first approch to minimums in actual, nothing beats that.
smile.gif

Our localizer approach into FAT this morning was actually close to mins. We broke out about 100 feet above our MDA - right on course but crabbed about 10 degrees for a crosswind. Granted, the visibilty was well above, but I was still thrilled!

Hopefully the weather stays like this for my flights this weekend . . .

[ QUOTE ]

Hopefully the weather stays like this for my flights this weekend . . .

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll book a plane and do a VFR flight plan up to FAT this weekend, that way you'll be guaranteed actual.
grin.gif

Golly! You'd do that for little ol' me?
grin.gif

Somehow, I don't think your VFR plan is required. 'Sunny California' must not include 'Foggy, Smoggy, Cloudy Winter Fresno." We have fewer sunny days here then in Michigan - and THAT'S saying something!
shocked.gif

The COOLEST thing when going IFR is when the clouds are pretty much overcast with a few small breaks. I remember getting vectored for the approach, and while turning through solid IMC I caught a glimpse of the ground below; woah!
grin.gif
; I miss flying IFR
frown.gif

IMC is great. I was hoping to get my first solo IMC today, but the weather was below minimums all day do didn't get to go.
frown.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Great, wait untill you get that first approch to minimums in actual, nothing beats that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhh, don't mean to stir anything up, but I thought you were like 15?

[ QUOTE ]

Uhh, don't mean to stir anything up, but I thought you were like 15?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, don't you know about me?

[ QUOTE ]
Guess not.
tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I ride right seat with my parents (both corporate pilots and CFIIME's) in Navajos, King Air's and Citations.
grin.gif
If you want to know more just run a search for my name, lots of fights in their, the ones with Eagle are the funniest.
smirk.gif

I only have logged .3 actual, but I can say it was very interesting. An interesting observation.... only a pilot could actually say they enjoy flying in bad weather!
confused.gif

Back