First Actual!

PhotoPilot

Today I logged 2.1 total with 1.7 actual - my FIRST actual!

We had great IFR training weather around Fresno and went up for two seperate flights in the Seminole. Between the two, we hit 5 approaches (3 VORs, 2 LOCs), had a lot of vectoring for traffic and approach transitions, and entered three holds. I was defintely busy, but managed to handle it without getting too far behind. All I have to say is . . .

ROCK ON! I love this stuff!
grin.gif

Awesome.
grin.gif

I always love actual. For some reason when I'm in it, I always feel like the cockpit is a nice comfortable cocoon. Yeah, I'm crazy...don't mind me.
wink.gif

Our localizer approach into FAT this morning was actually close to mins. We broke out about 100 feet above our MDA - right on course but crabbed about 10 degrees for a crosswind. Granted, the visibilty was well above, but I was still thrilled!

Hopefully the weather stays like this for my flights this weekend . . .

[ QUOTE ]

Hopefully the weather stays like this for my flights this weekend . . .

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll book a plane and do a VFR flight plan up to FAT this weekend, that way you'll be guaranteed actual.
grin.gif

Golly! You'd do that for little ol' me?
grin.gif

Somehow, I don't think your VFR plan is required. 'Sunny California' must not include 'Foggy, Smoggy, Cloudy Winter Fresno." We have fewer sunny days here then in Michigan - and THAT'S saying something!
shocked.gif

The COOLEST thing when going IFR is when the clouds are pretty much overcast with a few small breaks. I remember getting vectored for the approach, and while turning through solid IMC I caught a glimpse of the ground below; woah!
grin.gif
; I miss flying IFR
frown.gif

IMC is great. I was hoping to get my first solo IMC today, but the weather was below minimums all day do didn't get to go.
frown.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Great, wait untill you get that first approch to minimums in actual, nothing beats that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhh, don't mean to stir anything up, but I thought you were like 15?

[ QUOTE ]

Uhh, don't mean to stir anything up, but I thought you were like 15?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, don't you know about me?

[ QUOTE ]
Guess not.
tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I ride right seat with my parents (both corporate pilots and CFIIME's) in Navajos, King Air's and Citations.
grin.gif
If you want to know more just run a search for my name, lots of fights in their, the ones with Eagle are the funniest.
smirk.gif

I only have logged .3 actual, but I can say it was very interesting. An interesting observation.... only a pilot could actually say they enjoy flying in bad weather!
confused.gif

Back