Financing Flight School Etc...

flyn_ace_99

Hey everyone,

I am on my way to graduating from Embry Riddle Prescott in December and am trying to get on my way to flight training at ATP in Jacksonville.
I don't think my problem is getting the loans for flight training in Jacksonville, but rather to consolidate all my student loans in to one big one. I currently have private (alternative) loans from Bank of America and a will have a loan from Key Bank (for flight). I am looking for suggestions on places to go to consolidate these loans. Obviously, ER was an Expensive school, and the MAX amount needs to be fairly high. Sallie Mae isn't going to work... I have already looked into it.
If anyone has any suggestions please let me know, If you need more information, let me know.
I am pretty concerned as being able to get over this hurtle makes the difference between continuing to flight school or not being a pilot. Obviously I would rather do the pilot thing.
I know other pilots have been in my situation and I am just looking for some guidence.

Thanks flyn_ace_99@yahoo.com

You could always get into the futures market and start selling buddy passes
blush.gif

What...I recently heard ERAU students saying that the ERAU seal made such a big difference in the industry. Are you saying you will graduate from ERAU and have to take out another loan and train at another school to continue your career progression??? I thought the sea's parted for ERAU grads.....

Sorry to flame you, just making a point for those who may search ERAU threads down the road. Perhpas you can give us some insight on what current ERAU grads are doing after they leave the fold....

As far as your question goes, I seriously have no idea. Why doesn't Riddle have "after Riddle training financing" options...sounds like they need them.

Of course, you could just get a lowly CFI job at some school rather than spend more money on the flight training that you didn't get at Riddle. That's what most people do. What am I missing here?

Dude, I can part the seas!

Notice how you can walk a straight line from KSLC to Hill AFB in Utah?

I can make water into wine too. Well, not good wine...

I will say that the Embry Riddle Degree is pretty good. I enjoyed the academic portion. But as I told Doug once before, the flight line is getting worse by the day. There are students dropping out of the flight program left and right.
I do plan to flight instruct, I am just looking for loan consolidation options from those who have been in my situation before. I just don't want to get out of school and get run down by the amount that I owe.

Thanks again for all your help.

There was quite a bit of people diving out of the program while I was at Riddle as well. But it wasn't because of quality in as much as it was finding other interests, lack of financial support and a variety of other reasons.

We lost a lot of people in PRC because they couldn't handle living in a very small, remote town (at the time, at least) like Prescott. Others got tired of some of the social aspects of the college in terms of 97 guys standing around 3 girls at a party!
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
There was quite a bit of people diving out of the program while I was at Riddle as well. But it wasn't because of quality in as much as it was finding other interests, lack of financial support and a variety of other reasons.

We lost a lot of people in PRC because they couldn't handle living in a very small, remote town (at the time, at least) like Prescott. Others got tired of some of the social aspects of the college in terms of 97 guys standing around 3 girls at a party!
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, who was the dude that would ALWAYS bitch about how much things were better "....in Topanga man......."
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
OK, who was the dude that would ALWAYS bitch about how much things were better "....in Topanga man......."
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

"Duuude? Like tonight we'd be like cruisin' Topanga? And these chicks came up? And we were all 'hey', then they went 'hey' so we went up the 118 to In-N-Out Burger? We got like a double-double but like dude, we're like in Prescott now? And it's not so cool? Like, uhh, dude, this sucks? I mean, like late night in Irvine sucks, but this is like San Bernadino-on-a-Sunday sucks? Even UND has girls dood."

It's kind of hard to talk in 'questions' like some of the valley guys, but I guess you catch my drift.

Doug, you owe me a new keyboard. I just spewed Sam's Choice Cola all over this one.
smile.gif

And now I've got the late night In-N-Out craving again..... damn Florida.

In-and-out is fantastic. It's just a damned hamburger, but a tasty one.

Do you worry I will have your In N Out for you - I have to OD on them before I leave for AU in - 6 days to go, 6 days to go, with an e and an i and an andy oh, ONLYYYYYY 6 DAYSSSS TO GOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I don't think people are dropping out because they changed thier mind, but rather because somebody at ER changed it for them. I had a friend who stopped flying all together because of a BAD instructor, bad check ride... etc... Hey Doug, was Chip Hough there when you were in school?
A lot of the people I know aren't dropping out of flight, just ER flight and going to the local FBOs where they are doing much better and enjoying flying. ER Flight Line has a way of beating the love for flight out of a person.
Obviously my experience was less than good. I had gotten sucked into trusting the school when they told me not to go elsewhere for my private, they want me to be Riddle Standard. I now know that had I flown elsewhere I probably would have gotten much farther.
As far as Prescott goes... I love the little city... It has grown... ALOT...
Anyway, back to my question... Still looking for suggestions on Private Loan Consolidation...

Thanks again for anyone's help

Back