FINALY, PUBNAT 5 list is generated!

Also, I am only willing to work at one location. What are my chances at getting this one location?
I am just curious as to the location. Mostly because you cant pick a specific location, you can only choose your states you want and your desired working position (ie terminal, enroute, or both).

And good lord, PUBNAT7? Those poor folks. Can you say August PEPC? ;)

zz :)

I am just curious as to the location. Mostly because you cant pick a specific location, you can only choose your states you want and your desired working position (ie terminal, enroute, or both).

And good lord, PUBNAT7? Those poor folks. Can you say August PEPC? ;)

Aviatorzz, why "poor folks"? What do you mean?:confused:

Also, what was the whole point of picking 10 locations on the application? Wouldn't we get a little say in it (bigger than 2 states)?

Also, what was the whole point of picking 10 locations on the application? Wouldn't we get a little say in it (bigger than 2 states)?
To your second question, IMO I think its just the FAA's way to get an idea an area where you want to go and nothing more. Besides, if you read around the "invited to PEPC" type threads, you will see that some folks asked in the second round of Geo Prefs for Georgia and Florida and ended up with Memphis Center (iirc?).

To the first question...its just one of those things where it will be a looooong time. I applied for PUBNAT4 back in either June or July and the way things are panning out, those of us who are in 4 probably won't get the PEPC invite until into Feb or March, and thats *only* if they will combine the two PUBNATs (3 and 4). There are still two more PUBNATs after mine. So I feel bad for the folks on here who think this is a quick process and more sorry for the folks who know this could be a lengthy process and won't realize how long it really is.

zz :(

The reason they have the 10 states on the initial application is because they use ASAP to process applications for all of the FAA's jobs, not just air traffic controllers. Those other jobs can select with that system, however the air traffic controller career field can only select 2 states and has to use the geo preference system. Too many people have used the 10 states in the past and put states they didn't actually want to live in. The FAA was tired of having job offers turned down because of it.

When I spoke to FAA, the coordinator told me that Putnab 3 and 4 should be done together after Jan. Maybe February is when they are going to put that Referal List together. As for 5 I am guessing it will be more like late spring 09.
Just for Pubnat 5 there were somewhat 5000 applicants. FAA needs more people to get through a selection process.
Have you heard anything about he chances to get selected on the west coast? Do you know if the west coast (CA, WA, OR) is more desirable?

The reason they have the 10 states on the initial application is because they use ASAP to process applications for all of the FAA's jobs, not just air traffic controllers. Those other jobs can select with that system, however the air traffic controller career field can only select 2 states and has to use the geo preference system. Too many people have used the 10 states in the past and put states they didn't actually want to live in. The FAA was tired of having job offers turned down because of it.

Gosh, Nathan, I can see that it took you almost a year from the date of ATSAT and you haven't even started your OK training. Do people supposed to have another career going while waiting for FAA?

Gosh, Nathan, I can see that it took you almost a year from the date of ATSAT and you haven't even started your OK training. Do people supposed to have another career going while waiting for FAA?
Absolutely. It's going to be AT LEAST 9 months to a year from application to school date. Myself, I'm working in my reserve unit and doing that until I go to OKC.

Absolutely. It's going to be AT LEAST 9 months to a year from application to school date. Myself, I'm working in my reserve unit and doing that until I go to OKC.

6 months in this process for me on the 2 of November...Pepc on the 17th...
Hoping to get to OKC by May....i think it will be sooner.

I am working on getting another job too and relocating (although I'd rather not relocate to Cali-taxesouttheass-fornia).

And if you're like me and don't get selected from your first application... it's even longer :banghead:

You see, at least you know where you are going. I would love to move out of this dump they call a city. But as we all know, unless you have your FOL, you are stuck pretty much wherever you are at. ;)

You see, at least you know where you are going. I would love to move out of this dump they call a city. But as we all know, unless you have your FOL, you are stuck pretty much wherever you are at. ;)

Since I am a newbee, what is FOL? I can't seem to get the process straight, especially with abbreviations.

Where do you live? What city do you hate so much?

So does the FAA place you where you are located at the time of the hire?
Thanks

or if you're like me it's been 1 year, 4 months and 22 days :banghead::banghead::crazy:

Unbelievable!!!:panic:
Gosh ... to wait that long you have to be in love with ATC.
I just don't get it ... I thought FAA was desperate for controllers.

Back