FF's Instructional Landing Video Part Dos

frog_flyer

FredFlyer
30 feet wide. Mucho fun! For any of you local dudes who haven't been in yet, get on it. This strip won't be here much longer!

[yt]BmhcDxznqfg[/yt]

I'll post pics when I figure out my picture trail password.

I've flew a skymaster in and out of there. It was back when I was instructing. We always had to land long because of the fence. The wing was maybe 2 feet from the fence on the initial roll on take-off. As you can see, the runway is just a bit wider than a golf cart path.

I also learned that the lights are on a timer that kick on at about 7pm at night out there. I had to land there at about 6:50pm when it just about completely dark.:)

Also notice that there's a bridge that crosses this creek that the runway passes over. There are also rail road tracks that are about 20ft to the right of centerline which makes cross wind landings with the train going by interesting. It is a really fun and challenging airport to fly into.

That is awesome! I will have to try to go there sometime. I'm sure it fits in somewhere in our syllabi.

That is awesome! I will have to try to go there sometime. I'm sure it fits in somewhere in our syllabi.

I would be best to just do a touch and go and go to FTW if you do go out there.. There's not much out there as far as accomodations go.:)

You should be able to get in there no problem. It's almost 4000ft long. It's just narrow.

You know, the AF is really going to expect you to land on the center line...

I'm just saying! :D

30 feet wide. Mucho fun! For any of you local dudes who haven't been in yet, get on it. This strip won't be here much longer!

[yt]BmhcDxznqfg[/yt]

I'll post pics when I figure out my picture trail password.

Did you have to fly under a powerline on the go-around?

added to my list of places to go! only 678.0 nautical miles WNW from me according to airnav. unfortunatly that puts it down near the bottom of my list. :(

Back