Fedex feeders in Kentucky?

I don’t want to be an airline pilot, or corporate. So I don’t know what else to do
Huh? When did feeders pilots stop being airline pilots?
This.

There’s more the same to the job than different and the compensation is structured for a career. As long as you can play well with others I wouldn’t limit yourself to a company that does not own the flying. Don’t think for a minute if they give you guys a raise FedEx won’t consider someplace else to fly the work.

This.

There’s more the same to the job than different and the compensation is structured for a career. As long as you can play well with others I wouldn’t limit yourself to a company that does not own the flying. Don’t think for a minute if they give you guys a raise FedEx won’t consider someplace else to fly the work.
I do have a couple offers in a king air and citation, but I still like where I work. If it does get bad, I'll consider changing jobs.

To negotiate anything, a union is generally required. And the way the feeder system is setup, it would NEVER happen. Been tried, failed. The feeder contract is setup with a 30 day notice to the vendors as I understand it. It gets renewed every month.

If that's the case, then FedEx ALPA should step in and negotiate a flow thru on behalf of all the feeders collectively.

I think they are working on that "purple runway" or whatever it's called for the guys who would want to go to mainline Fedex.

I'm talking about a true flow thru. You interview and get hired at the feeder and when your number comes up you flow to mainline FedEx without having to interview again.

I'm talking about a true flow thru. You interview and get hired at the feeder and when your number comes up you flow to mainline FedEx without having to interview again.

Now, now, who gave you the right to determine what is a flow and what isn't? Don't you know "purple runway" offers a preferential interview with slightly better details than the preferential interview deal that was in place before?? :sarcasm:

Now, now, who gave you the right to determine what is a flow and what isn't? Don't you know "purple runway" offers a preferential interview with slightly better details than the preferential interview deal that was in place before?? :sarcasm:

I'm not talking about a preferential interview. I'm talking about you get hired at a feeder, keep you nose clean and get some experience and then flow up to mainline FedEx without interviewing again.

Pilots have the power to make it happen. I believe in the hierarchy system. Caravan, C408, ATR, and then FedEx Trunk. All 2 man crewed so CRM skills can develop even flying the caravan. I predict that is whats going to happan eventually.

Pilots have the power to make it happen. I believe in the hierarchy system. Caravan, C408, ATR, and then FedEx Trunk. All 2 man crewed so CRM skills can develop even flying the caravan. I predict that is whats going to happan eventually.[/QUOTE
I believe that too. I am happy here, but I believe we can make it even better.

I'm not talking about a preferential interview. I'm talking about you get hired at a feeder, keep you nose clean and get some experience and then flow up to mainline FedEx without interviewing again.
You can want in one hand and poo in the other.....see which fills first. Never, ever, gonna happen.

You can want in one hand and poo in the other.....see which fills first. Never, ever, gonna happen.

Why not? You fly FedEx freight in FedEx planes? Why not start in a Caravan and have a structured pathway to a 777F?

Why do they consider you guys "feeder trash"? Makes the FedEx mainline pilot group sound arrogant.
I don’t consider that true. We talk to the mainline guys every morning, we are friends. They ask us about our job and we ask about theirs. After that, we just talk about fun stuff besides aviation.

I don’t consider that true. We talk to the mainline guys every morning, we are friends. They ask us about our job and we ask about theirs. After that, we just talk about fun stuff besides aviation.

Why did the other feeder pilot say that mainline considers you guys "feeder trash"?

It's hard telling why he thinks that, other than being a tired CFI?

If growth continues, however, FedEx will either set up a nice career pathway all the way from CPL to mainline (and this is exactly what they are discussing, although it is very much in the planning phase) or they will find themselves having to go a whole lot lower in the barrel than "feeder trash" to keep their airplanes manned. Lot at how Emirates is hurting right now, even the big players aren't immune. FedEx has been having people leave classes for better jobs already and it doesn't look like it's getting better. For now they have plenty to draw from for mainline, but they are in a bad spot for staffing feeders. Personally, when I get to that point in my career I will most likely turn down the FedEx job and take a job at an airline that has me flying primarily domestic, daytime flights, for slightly less pay. That's just my personal preference.

It's hard telling why he thinks that, other than being a tired CFI?

If growth continues, however, FedEx will either set up a nice career pathway all the way from CPL to mainline (and this is exactly what they are discussing, although it is very much in the planning phase) or they will find themselves having to go a whole lot lower in the barrel than "feeder trash" to keep their airplanes manned. Lot at how Emirates is hurting right now, even the big players aren't immune. FedEx has been having people leave classes for better jobs already and it doesn't look like it's getting better. For now they have plenty to draw from for mainline, but they are in a bad spot for staffing feeders. Personally, when I get to that point in my career I will most likely turn down the FedEx job and take a job at an airline that has me flying primarily domestic, daytime flights, for slightly less pay. That's just my personal preference.

UPS/FDX/UAL/DAL/AMR/SWA will never have a shortage of applicants. I can assure that there are still thousands of very qualified 121 applicants looking to move on, as well as thousands of very qualified 91 and 135 applicants doing the same.

I don’t doubt that some people may be leaving FDX for other carriers, but I know of several people that have left legacies for FDX recently as well.

The pilot “shortage” is starting to occur at the regionals and 135 operators, but certainly not at the big six carriers.

Yeah, I didn't say they will have a shortage of applicants. I basically said that they would have to lower the bar. There are many good feeder pilots that they would be lucky to have. That could change in the future.

Yeah, I didn't say they will have a shortage of applicants. I basically said that they would have to lower the bar. There are many good feeder pilots that they would be lucky to have. That could change in the future.

And I disagree that they (any of the big six) will have to lower the bar. That doesn’t mean anything negative towards the feeder pilots, as I have no doubt many of them are well qualified and competitive.

Back