Fedex feeders in Kentucky?

Galaitoto

I work for a feeder in So Ca. Might move to Kentucky, and looking for any feeders there. I've searched several operators, no luck so far. Thanks

Socal that bad? The only purple feeder that I know of in kentucky or close enough is Baron Aviation. They have a run out of EVV or Evansville which is border between kentucky and indiana. Also Mountain Air Cargo has home based roamer pilots so you could be based somewhere in kentucky. But don’t quote me on it.

Just too expensive to start a family on. Thanks for the leads, I’ll check into them. How you liking the feeders? I plan on staying pretty much forever, how about you?

Also, what’s up that “huge raise” we were supposed to get this June ? I heard fedex shot it down. My company is going to keep pressing them saying we can’t attract new pilots anymore. Although I am happy with my pay currently, that raise they were talking about bringing us into the 80-100k per year would be no problem with me, obviously.

At at least one feeder (not going to say which) you will have good job security, on the one hand. On the other hand if they whole company folds up for lack of pilots that would be a problem...

At at least one feeder (not going to say which) you will have good job security, on the one hand. On the other hand if they whole company folds up for lack of pilots that would be a problem...

We're heading down that path, at least on the Caravan side of things. But hey, everything's just perfectly rosy according to today's CEO newsletter.

10 C208 guys in training in June/July combined, and I bet all but 1 or 2 of them quit within a week of finishing training. It's the MAC way.

Just too expensive to start a family on. Thanks for the leads, I’ll check into them. How you liking the feeders? I plan on staying pretty much forever, how about you?

I'm going tru initial training now actually. Going to be based in Phoenix. Everything sounds good for now, we have G600 and autopilot which is a big plus for doing single pilot stuff. With the purple runway program tho, I want to transfer over to the ATR side to gain some CRM skills.

We're heading down that path, at least on the Caravan side of things. But hey, everything's just perfectly rosy according to today's CEO newsletter.

10 C208 guys in training in June/July combined, and I bet all but 1 or 2 of them quit within a week of finishing training. It's the MAC way.

We had 1 leave during indoc, and a MAC guy didn't show up here for SIMs.

Do you fly 121? Than you are a airline pilot.
If you like the feeder lifestyle maybe look at the cargo airlines at CVG.

I think he is on the Caravan though. I certainly consider our ATR guys to be airline pilots.....not myself though as I'm also on the Van.

The feeder pilots need to negotiate a flow thru to mainline FedEx.
To negotiate anything, a union is generally required. And the way the feeder system is setup, it would NEVER happen. Been tried, failed. The feeder contract is setup with a 30 day notice to the vendors as I understand it. It gets renewed every month.

Back