FedEx 767 Nose Gear Inop emergency landing at Istanbul

I don't like how in the media if you see an Arab character in a movie or television. They're playing a terrorist. Or if you see a black character they're playing a thug.

Almost as long as Hollywood has existed they've shown Asian's in a negative stereotype, similar to the gag that you find humorous.

It's not.

It depends what Asian you’re talking about. Eastern Asians have succeeded in Hollywood very well. As for the Arab commmets in Hollywood, true. No arguments from me there.

But regardless. This was an example of a NTSB intern (so probably a 18-22 yr old) who decided to have some “fun.” And probably never thought it would ever get read live on TV. But the news media, in their epic desire to be first, played it out on live TV. The lady reading didn’t even realize her own mistake in the seconds that followed.

I don't like how in the media if you see an Arab character in a movie or television. They're playing a terrorist. Or if you see a black character they're playing a thug.

Almost as long as Hollywood has existed they've shown Asian's in a negative stereotype, similar to the gag that you find humorous.

It's not.

I remember being a kid just wanting to see a McDonalds commercial with normal black people in it. :)

"Mom, am I supposed to say "Yo!" when I walk in and order from the Portuguese lady running the register?" :)

My only critique is on the ARFF response. Response time was fine because it was an announced emergency anyway. On scene though, I don’t know if I’d have had four separate trucks begin expending gallons of water/foam with no active fire. Would just have had the first on-scene nose truck do so for fuselage cooling under the nose, and then pull a handline and finish off the areas the primary stream didn’t reach, with the rest of the three trucks standing by, ready for anything else that may occur, or any other unrelated emergency call that may come up. That’s just me, if I was OSC on that one.

My only critique is on the ARFF response. Response time was fine because it was an announced emergency anyway. On scene though, I don’t know if I’d have had four separate trucks begin expending gallons of water/foam with no active fire. Would just have had the first on-scene nose truck do so for fuselage cooling under the nose, and then pull a handline and finish off the areas the primary stream didn’t reach, with the rest of the three trucks standing by, ready for anything else that may occur, or any other unrelated emergency call that may come up. That’s just me, if I was OSC on that one.
That's nobody's business but the Turks...

😄

Back