Fed Ex Hiring Window Open

NO!! My dream job and I still can't meet the minimums...

As others have mentioned, the minimums appear to be at least four shuttle landings, 13 years working in Fedex Dispatch, no fewer than 4 former squadron-mates hand-carrying your resume...

And don't even ASK about "competitive mins".

Reactions: RPJ
Meh, I've already done the night stuff, flipping nights and days back and forth sucks. I'd still do it, but it seems like people only look at the pay rate then "omgzzz".

Call me debbie.
images

It's not THAT tough.

If you meet the quals and you're networked well, it should be a walk in the park.

If you're one of five billion people applying for the job, yeah, forget about it.

However, if you did your homework, tell us how the interview went.

Maybe in a few years. I'd probably be considered pretty well networked by some, I still try everyday but when it comes to these 121 jobs I'm just a ramdom application.

A lot of you guys are getting turned down for the job by your own self before a FedEx HR employee even looks at your application. (That's if you even applied). The power of positive thinking goes a long way. Instead of thinking "I need a space shuttles rating to get hired there, think of something you can do every week to get you closer to your goal. Don't sit on an internet board(although an awesome one:)) mentally defeating yourself.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

It's not THAT tough.

If you meet the quals and you're networked well, it should be a walk in the park.

If you're one of five billion people applying for the job, yeah, forget about it.

However, if you did your homework, tell us how the interview went.
So you say. Even if you meet the quals and you're networked well, you're STILL only one of five billion people applying for the job. I've met the quals, networked, AND done my homework on the job for the past 2 years. That still doesn't guarantee an interview. I'm not mentally defeating myself, either. I took the FE written (when it was still required last year), aced it, talk to every Fedex pilot I can, and update my application every week. I'm not being negative about this, I'm just stating that it's not a "walk in the park".

Again, I'm not mentally defeating myself. I fully intend to stay at it and get hired there one of these days. I'm just saying I know how hard it is to get in there BECAUSE I've done my homework.

So you say. Even if you meet the quals and you're networked well, you're STILL only one of five billion people applying for the job. I've met the quals, networked, AND done my homework on the job for the past 2 years. That still doesn't guarantee an interview. I'm not mentally defeating myself, either. I took the FE written (when it was still required last year), aced it, talk to every Fedex pilot I can, and update my application every week. I'm not being negative about this, I'm just stating that it's not a "walk in the park".

Again, I'm not mentally defeating myself. I fully intend to stay at it and get hired there one of these days. I'm just saying I know how hard it is to get in there BECAUSE I've done my homework.

You can meet all of the pilots on earth but are they actually working on your behalf or are they just dudes you know?

If they aren't willing to step into the office and inquire about your status, in person, they're just dudes you know.

100% of the guys I helped get hired at Delta were guys at I went into the employment office for, in person on my day off, and sat across the desk as the call was made.

Every Tom, Dick and Harry has an internal recc. But every Tom, Dick and Harry doesn't have a guy who will walk into the office and say, "We need this person on our team".

Find people to do this for you.

Today.

BTW, have you talked to our resident FDX pilot here on the board?

Sent from my TRS-80

Maybe this is dumb, but personally I am concerned with the UAV thing with FedEx. For a younger guy like me that has over 30+ years left in his career I think it might be a real possibility before its said and done. I mean think about the amount of progress that is made in technology across that amount of time.

FedEx has already publicly said that it wants UAV's. Its one of the premier Jobs now, but will it be there for the rest of your career?

Maybe this is dumb, but personally I am concerned with the UAV thing with FedEx. For a younger guy like me that has over 30+ years left in his career I think it might be a real possibility before its said and done. I mean think about the amount of progress that is made in technology across that amount of time.

FedEx has already publicly said that it wants UAV's. Its one of the premier Jobs now, but will it be there for the rest of your career?

I think its possible that you may see FO replaced by the time you retire but there will be one pilot on board for a while to come.

I think its possible that you may see FO replaced by the time you retire but there will be one pilot on board for a while to come.
This. They are going to go down from two pilots to one before the planes become UAV's. Considering that Fedex is still flying 727's around with 3 pilots (2 + flight engineer), I think we will be ok for a while.

Plus they will have unmanned trains (I mean the big ones, not some of the smaller unmanned metro type trains) all over the place before they start with unmanned aircraft. I won't worry until that starts happening.

Honestly, everything will be automated eventually, and everyone will be unemployed and on food stamps... either that, or we'll take a direct hit from an Xclass solar flare and the global power grid will go down for ten+ years (government estimate for the US power grid, so probably longer), all the nuclear power plants will melt down, and we'll all be driving horse drawn carriages or sailboats from one nuclear wasteland to another... SO RELAX!

This. They are going to go down from two pilots to one before the planes become UAV's. Considering that Fedex is still flying 727's around with 3 pilots (2 + flight engineer), I think we will be ok for a while.

Plus they will have unmanned trains (I mean the big ones, not some of the smaller unmanned metro type trains) all over the place before they start with unmanned aircraft. I won't worry until that starts happening.

I thought the cockpit of the future had a dog and a pilot.

The pilot is there to watch the plane and the dog to watch the pilot and bite him if he touches anything.

Back