fcapa.org

derg

Apparently a "terse" writer
Staff member
Kristie would like to try and get fcapa.org back up and running.

There is a new bulletin board on the domain and it's more or less a place that pilot wives (husbands, significant others, etc) can go and have a realm of their own.

So if you've got a significant other, send her over to have a chat!

And if I see any of you bozos over there that aren't a family member/sig other of an airline pilot posting, you're going to be on double-secret probation!

[ QUOTE ]
And if I see any of you bozos over there that aren't a family member/sig other of an airline pilot posting, you're going to be on double-secret probation!

[/ QUOTE ]

Hehehe. Good place to pick up chicks.......I'll tell them I'm a pilot and I went to Riddle.
tongue.gif
laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Hehehe. Good place to pick up chicks.......I'll tell them I'm a pilot and I went to Riddle.
tongue.gif
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Women don't dig airline pilots!

It just means that the guy is most likely arrogant, going to miss most special events and come home in the winter reeking of de-icing fluid!

Residual fumes of Jet-A and Glycol is like "Kristie-repellant".

But yeah, chicks dig Riddle pilots! Not!
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

But do pilots dig Riddle chicks? Lani Tharp comes to mind.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
tongue.gif
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Women don't dig airline pilots!

It just means that the guy is most likely arrogant, going to miss most special events and come home in the winter reeking of de-icing fluid!

Residual fumes of Jet-A and Glycol is like "Kristie-repellant".

smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Polo Players are loved by the girls.

polo.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Polo Players are loved by the girls.

[/ QUOTE ]

Snobby gold-digging girls, maybe.

No offense Iain, but polo's just too snooty a sport.

It really is not - there was an article in a Colorado paper how polo is not just for posh people anymore. I suggest you go and visit a polo club; you will find everyone incredible friendly and pleseant!

They occasionally play polo about a mile from where I live and they seem pretty much like normal people.

Heck, considering we're all people with money to spend on flight training, those same folks might think that we're all millionaires playing with our flying toys!

Uhhh... just keep in mind that most of the chickola's on the board will already know all about how you pilots "work".... hahahha they might not be too fooled!!

Altho, i wonder if it might be interesting to set up a section of the website as a "wanna meet a pilot" type thing.... not necessarily a dating game but we could make a profit out of silent pilot auctions! hahahahaha
shocked.gif

You mean, women would pay to hang out with arrogant men with poor fashion taste and a strange fixation on the weather channel?
smile.gif

I dunno... I've never paid to hang out with a pilot before - they always pay me! Doh!
blush.gif

but.... you never know.. I think there still is quite a fixation about "pilots" and all...just that the girls catch on a bit quicker now a days than they used to do in the 60's!

[ QUOTE ]
I dunno... I've never paid to hang out with a pilot before - they always pay me! Doh!
blush.gif

but.... you never know.. I think there still is quite a fixation about "pilots" and all...just that the girls catch on a bit quicker now a days than they used to do in the 60's!

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey li'l darlin' I wanna buy you a steak dinner! haha!

FCAPA\'s back up and running...

Actually, all seriousness aside....

Fcapa should be for anyone whose within the aviation family - whether helo, airline, regional or what not....

and I also think it should be "for the family" meaning that it's for the wives and significant others of those in the aviation community that are gone quite often... and for the kids... now a days - it's hard for kids to find friends who understand what their mom or dad are doing and why they're gone so often....

If anything - I would like to get a separate forum up just for the kids to come mingle and get pen pals from other parts of the country (even world) that relate to how their family relationships and how life is for them.... i think that would probably just pump them up and give them the attention and comfort that all kids need now a days - vs some of the stories i've heard about how other kids tease those whose family members seem like they're never around... know what i mean???

so, if anything - it should be a help to anyone who needs help or who wants to offer help to those in need (like our furloughed friends) etc....

so - lets get moving guys - give your wife/child the computer for a while and show them the forum at FCAPA.org.... as it starts building, I'll probably be able to add content based on the conversations going on!!

Look forward to meeting/talking to some of your sig. others!
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
You mean, women would pay to hang out with arrogant men with poor fashion taste

[/ QUOTE ]

Is there something wrong with my flightsuit with open hawaiian shirt over?

I recently discovered that many of the women I know have a very negative view of airline polits. They think that ALL airline pilots have extra-marital affairs!

I got tired of arguing with them and explaining what a gross generalization that is.

Mahesh

[ QUOTE ]
I recently discovered that many of the women I know have a very negative view of airline polits. They think that ALL airline pilots have extra-marital affairs!

I got tired of arguing with them and explaining what a gross generalization that is.

Mahesh

[/ QUOTE ]

You could've said that all women have extra-marital affairs as a counter- gross generalization.
laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
arrogant men with poor fashion taste and a strange fixation on the weather channel?

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm, hey, I somewhat resemble that remark!
grin.gif

Right about when I started flying, I was dating a flight attendant. Man, did I hear about stuff that pilots did. Was I ever wrong when I expected to get a little sympathy for my mistakes. I told her that I bounced a landing, for example, and heard back "they must teach you guys how to do that, because you all do."

The relationship didn't last for long. It was like she was taking all the things all the pilots she worked with over the years did to piss her off out on me!

Back