fcapa.org

[ QUOTE ]
I told her that I bounced a landing, for example, and heard back "they must teach you guys how to do that, because you all do."

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me guess...

"Which one of ya'll were in the Navy?"
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
You mean, women would pay to hang out with arrogant men with poor fashion taste

[/ QUOTE ]

Who you callin poor fashion taste?
4 years of working at Neiman Marcus should exempt me from that group!

[ QUOTE ]
4 years of working at Neiman Marcus should exempt me from that group!

[/ QUOTE ]
Hey - worked and Macy's at Lennox Square in Atlanta and then Burdines ("Florida's Department Store")in Tampa ...... in Housewares ... doesn't qualify me as a cook.

grin.gif

Kidding.

Awwww... I miss Burdines!! one of my favorite stores to get clothes and whatever else at... now, I have Macy's - but that's even more expensive than Burdines, so i go to Target! hahahaha

can ya tell i gots married? hahahahaha (nother insider joke!)

[ QUOTE ]
Let me guess...

"Which one of ya'll were in the Navy?"
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I was dating her when I was a pre-solo student. I'm like, give me a freaking break here, would you? Yes, I bounced the landing, but I've got a whopping ten hours in here. If people who have thousands of hours occasionally do it, cut me some slack.

Part of it was my instructor's fault. He forgot to tell me to flare, so I slammed the nose gear down pretty hard and porpoised down the runway. Now that I look back at it, he really screwed up. He kept telling me I was doing fine, spaced out, and never told me to flare. All I can say is those C172s are pretty tough planes.

That's how I got my nickname Skippy!

Here's a phrase to remember: "You win some, you lose some".

I've proably got 2000 hours in the -88/-90 and admittedly half of my landings suck and the other half are fantastic.

Well, the plane was resusable and nobody got hurt, so it was a great landing.

smirk.gif

One of the things I love about flying is that every time you think you've got it down, you get thrown a curveball and have to learn to do something a little different to handle it.

Does that still happen with you?

Back