Favorite airport restaraunts

[ QUOTE ]
Is that the home of "the thrown rolls?"

[/ QUOTE ]

It sure is! (of course, though, to use proper southern Missouri english, it's "throwed rolls".
wink.gif
) There are actually a number of us going - a big group from another pilot internet bulletin board are all meeting up there at the end of June. I know that Lambert's operates a shuttle between the restaurant and the airport, and you can call on the CTAF ahead of time so it's waiting for you! Should be a fun day (not to mention good food).

Sarah

[ QUOTE ]
a big group from another pilot internet bulletin board are all meeting up there at the end of June.

[/ QUOTE ]

That the board I post on too? I don't hang out there as much anymore though ...

Finally getting the midwest thing together then?
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
That the board I post on too? I don't hang out there as much anymore though ...

Finally getting the midwest thing together then?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, and yes. We've failed miserably at several attempts (including the really cool one to the Amana colonies in Iowa last year), but this one so far seems too organized to fail.
smirk.gif
I think we have about 25 RSVP's so far, coming in about 17 or 18 planes. We'll see what the weather brings, fingers crossed we don't have the usual summer midwest thunderstorms to deal with.

Sarah

I'd be in for a fly in to Lambert's. I make that trip every couple of months from St. Louis. They have a shuttle, and if you call up on unicom about 10 minutes out it will be waiting for you. The FBO has a phone outside with the Lambert's phone number that you can get to even if the FBO is closed. Took my dad down there for father's day last year. They had an hour and a half wait. We were brought through the back door and had a table within 5 to 10 minutes.

The Flying Machine at Gwinnette County Briscoe Field in Lawrenceville, GA (NE of ATL)

Ever been there Davetheflyer? You can actually request parking there from Ground control. Also like 101st Airborne near BNA (Nashville Intl'). I learned to fly at BNA and celebrated a few times at the bar which is a patio overlooking the approach end of Rnwy 20L and 20C.

My fav's in Ore. are Annies Cafe at Independance Airpark 7S5, got a porch deck off the ramp, great mexican burgers and also Roscoes at Salem McNarry SLE has got great sandwich's and big model airplanes hangin from the ceiling and a second floor deck overlooking, what else, the rwy's! Eddie Rickenbackers was good at HIO Intl until it closed.

I'll have to try those Fla. ones in the fall when I come down. Beer cheese soup?! Sounds like the lunch of champions.
smirk.gif

Anzio's at Falcon Field is a really good Italian restaurant. Also Nogales airport has a cafe, and that's probably the last healty meal for a while if you keep flying south!

the resturant at SZP has some good food. Not a really great view from the lunch room but the dinner room over looks the ramp. Also, if you want Mexican food I liked the resturant at Montgomery in San Diego. At holister airport there is a "hole in the wall resturant" less then a block away, its in some of the pilots guides but cant remember the name. Anyways, it has some great breakfasts, ate there on a really long cross country, I didnt need to eat the rest of the day. If anyone knows a place with good food at a decent price with a great view in the LA area, I would like to know.

In Nor. CA
KLVK- there's a sports bar at the golf course that has really good food.
KAPC- Jonsey's steakhouse, excellent food.
KWLW- Nancy's airport cafe. Great prices and always open.

[ QUOTE ]
In Nor. CA
KLVK- there's a sports bar at the golf course that has really good food.
KAPC- Jonsey's steakhouse, excellent food.
KWLW- Nancy's airport cafe. Great prices and always open.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oddly enough, isn't the airport rest in PRC called Nancy's too?

SUSpilot & FlyChicaga:

The Sikeston deal is being organized over on studentpilot.com. It is June 28 (time yet to be decided) and updates will be posted on the "Hangar Talk" forum on the bulletin board. You can read one of the previous threads with info here.

Sarah

I just registered on the boards there. Looks like an awesome trip! I just don't know if I have the moola available for that distance. Where I rent now charges me $100 an hour for a C172 (I am NOT renting there anymore, period!), and the closest place to me now charges $85 an hour for an Archer.
confused.gif

Re: The Flying Machine at Gwinnette County Briscoe Field in Lawrenceville, GA (NE of ATL)

[ QUOTE ]
Ever been there Davetheflyer?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, but I think that the last time I went to Gwinnet Co. it was still nontowered! I'll put it on my list of places to go.

FlyChicaga - I know what you mean, my FBO has a couple of 172SPs that rent for near or just over $100/hr, and I'm paying just about what you are for an Archer.

I'll be starting another thread over there probably at the end of this workweek to get the time firmed up - I know there were some people interested in coming from IL, so maybe you and someone else could split a ride and costs?

Sarah

There is a cafe at Chino called 'Flo's' I made an unplanned visit to this past weekend. It certainly is not like any airport place I have been too. It has everyone from the local farmers to pilots there eating there. It is certainly a unique place!

Headed to Driggs, Idaho (opposite side of the Tetons from Jackson Hole) in the morning. They recently built a diner on the field, heard it's pretty good stuff. Maybe we'll run into Harrison Ford. I'll give you a report upon our return.

Back