FAR 117 being re-worked?

I don't miss it a bit.

Oh, and regarding "efficiency (NOT the FAA's concern):" Trip rig, trip rig, trip rig. ;)

If we had 3.25/1 I would have made enough extra money this month to cover 4 holidays worth of pay ;). I bet we could get it (trip rig that is - not 3.25 though) but would have to give up a lot.

Get one that's better than 4.95:1.

I think you mean that the other way around 1 hour of pay for every 4.95 TAFB, right? That does kind of suck. You are losing about 2+ hours a day compared to everybody else.

Just for a point of comparison, all of the Legacies/Majors are between 1:3.5 and 1:4.

I think you mean that the other way around 1 hour of pay for every 4.95 TAFB, right? That does kind of suck. You are losing about 2+ hours a day compared to everybody else.

Just for a point of comparison, all of the Legacies/Majors are between 1:3.5 and 1:4.
Yeah, whichever way you want to write it, that's correct. It comes out to 4.85 hours/day (24 / 4.95) in rig. We have some work to do in 2016.

2287438e41700f47df76b5410e4ed597.jpg
Not gonna lie, little chub there.

The whole thing needs a re-work IMO. Domestically, a 10 hour min rest non-reducible overnight balanced by 9 hour block day scheduled (not actual) with a max of a 14 hour duty day extendable at the pilots concurrence would've been fine by me.

No it doesn't. Yes, the cargo cutout needs to be fixed and then there needs to be some tweaks that need to be made.

I am disgusted by some of the comments in this thread. Folks really need to pull their head out of their ass and stop being all knowing.

Who was all-knowing?

I just saw people posting their opinions. Isn't this a pilot web board for posting opinions?

Rules being written based on science does not mean that science proves that they are the best possible rules.
And they also don't mean the company won't find a workaround that will make it more or as tiring as before.

Look at the European rules (and how long they have been doing those rules) and then look at FAR 117.

Pretty damn similar.

I believe in the science for both climate change and the basis for the current rest rules.

I respectfully disagree that simply basing rules on science, even to the best of a committee's abilities, means that they are automatically the best possible rules and should not be questioned (i.e. other's opinions don't matter).

Implementation of guidelines based on proven science does not guarantee that the method of implementation is the best possible solution.

Back