Family through employee line

Since when is the TSA concerned with airline schedules, and do most of the flying public even know an employee line "downstairs", or wherever, even exists?

I haven't seen too many employee lines that were alongside where the average joes walk through.

Well, of course there is the employee cut line in the main cattle course, but certainly they are not savvy to the "off the grid" employee areas that an agent told me to take my family to.

Be honest. I can take it. ;-)

If you have to check a bag, you can do that while they go through security and then meet up again on the the other side. Based on what I've seen of the lines there, they should be through security long before you get the bag checked.

Is it just me, or does it feel like the OP already knows what he wants to do, but doesn't quite have the guts to do it without somehow gathering our tacit permission via dialogue?

It's an on duty employee line, not an abuse-the-system-because-you-can line. It seems Zap already knows it's pretty much a feminine hygiene move.

If you want to do it, just man up and do it.

Last edited:
I would be very upset if I was stuck behind little Stevie and Sally on my way to work. Just show up 30 minutes earlier and get it over with.

The people I take through the employee line are well versed on being ready with boarding pass and ID, and being metal detector ready in a minimal amount of time.

Everyone here is worried about friends and family slowing down the line, but have y'all seen the Burger King, Starbucks, Hudson News, etc employees? Good lawd! :bang: Small children can get it done faster!

Is it just me, or does it feel like the OP already knows what he wants to do, but doesn't quite have the guts to do it without somehow gathering our tacit permission via dialogue?

It's an on duty employee line, not an abuse-the-system-because-you-can line. It seems Zap already knows it's pretty much a feminine hygiene move.

If you want to do it, just man up and do it.

I just went back and read his original post and his single response, and I think you're way off base.

Because you probably were working under a union leadership that would support you.

The sentiment is that in our "fly it and grieve it"/"weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell, this is why that happened" status is a little different.

Honest question: are you guys not required to make your departure time? Or be at the airplane at a certain time?

The TSA has TOLD me to take my wife with me through the employee line at some stations. As in, she was with us when we walked up and she went to walk over to another line and they told her to just go through with us.

At others, they tell me she can't come.

Depends on the station.
I go where I'm told and pretend that these folks are, uh, what is it called? Oh right. Protecting America.

Back