Falcon Aviation Academy - My Journey (2007-2008 & beyond...)

Re: Falcon Aviation Academy - My Journey (2007-2008 & beyond

you can also pick up a Pilot Operating Handbook (POH) for the Diamond DA20 and the DA40 if you want to study that as well to be familair with the aircraft (those books are hard to come by unless you live near a school with a Diamond Fleet).
http://www.diamondair.com/owners_world/da20c1.php
http://www.diamond-air.at/da40-180_afm_bas+M52087573ab0.html

Good old Diamond. Even maintenance manuals too, looks like. Good for systems study.

Just a quick shameless plug...

All the pilot supplies (or close to it) from Falcon Aviation are available online through our ebay store...

http://stores.ebay.com/falconaviationacademy

Some of the pictures are out of date but you will get the most current edition of any book listed...if you have any questions, just e-mail us.

Just a quick shameless plug...

All the pilot supplies (or close to it) from Falcon Aviation are available online through our ebay store...

http://stores.ebay.com/falconaviationacademy

Some of the pictures are out of date but you will get the most current edition of any book listed...if you have any questions, just e-mail us.

Ah man Spencer, you muddied up my thread...lol. Nah, actually, it's a good plug. That link might help someone prepare for success... no shame in that!

And yep. This is being sent via internet at my campsite just outside Asheville, NC on the river. Who would have thought. Wireless internet in the middle of the wilderness!

Now, time for some zzz's and then a couple weeks of Harley riding and Hiking and Relaxation for pleasure mixed in with a little work when I go to NBAA in Dayton and work on finishing lesson plans.

Cheerio!

Well, here it goes...

I regret to inform all the people who followed this thread, it has now come to an end. At this time I decided to relocate from Atlanta, GA to Asheville, NC.

So with that, I'll be looking to complete my CFI, CFII, and MEI near Asheville (looks like I'll do this at WNC Aviation as they are the only operation in town up there that looks decent).

I am certainly going to miss flying the DA20, DA40, and especially the DA42. And I am especially going to miss Falcon Aviation. Dan has bult a very successful business and a great environment for CFI's. I really was looking forward to being a CFI with Falcon since I come to the program with that as my goal. But for now, life events bring me to Asheville, NC.

On another note I am happy to announce my move to Asheville, NC. I should be completely settled in over the next 4-5 weeks in my new place. I'll give an update at some point in a new thread somewhere on here (probably start a new thread under flight academies and FBOs as I complete my CFI and beyond at WNC Aviation).

To all you lurkers, best of success. And to my active friends on here, keep following the dream.

Sorry to hear that. I have enjoyed reading your blog. Good Luck with your situation as well as your training.

I went to Falcon today to get a refund on the money I had on account with them. Wow, their new space at PDK is amazing! Good things still going on with them for anyone looking into the school.

And on another note. Even another change on my end. Now instead of moving up to Asheville, NC to fly, I am moving back to San Antonio, TX. Yeah, life is crazy sometimes. I look forward to returning home to Texas though. I'll be there the end of August.

So now what? Well, it's settle back home and then I will be flying with Wright Flyers out of SAT to complete my CFI stuff. So, you all can expect a blog on my experience with Wright Flyers.

And of course if anyone has any questions about Falcon, you can always PM me or just ask in this open forum since I always just tell it as it is. And I do know, I won't miss Atlanta but I will miss Falcon Aviation Academy.

Best of luck to you Joe. Take care man, be safe, and drop me a line when you swing through Atlanta - I'll do the same for my travels to San Antonio.

Right on Josh! Hope we cross paths some day again.

As pilots, we ALL will cross paths! :) Might take a while, but it happens.

Take care Joe. Have fun out there...be it NC, TX, or anywhere else you might end up.

I didn't want to start a new thread for this but I heard about a crash down at FFC recently. Can someone confirm? Everyone ok?

Well, I'm getting settled down in San Antonio once again. I should be completing my training at Wright Flyers starting in October for my CFI, CFII, and MEI (maybe a little sooner, but it's taking awhile to get settled back into San Antonio as my move did not go as smoothly as planned and I also have my lil' Brazilian girlfriend from North Carolina coming here to join me here in San Antonio since she decided to make the life change and move here as well).

As for Falcon. The experience was good. I'll sure miss flying the Diamond Aircraft and all the great people and CFI's I met over the last year. I was hoping to be a CFI at Falcon, but one never knows where life may take them. I am happy to be back home in San Antonio though.

And on a final note. Here I am more than 3 weeks later and many phone calls later wondering where my $732 is that I had on account with Falcon. No one seems to return my call in regard to my account reimbursement that should have been mailed to me weeks ago.

So if anyone knows what rock I need to move to make my account reimbursement appear in my rightful hands, let me know!!! All paperwork was filled out weeks ago to get the money off my account and reimbursed back to me. On top of that, since I am now moved, I also need to update an address with Falcon so the money actually makes it to the right place!!! What's it take to get a return courtesy call for a status report out of ya'll at Falcon?

Still being nice and waiting patiently,
Joseph

Hi Joseph...

Sorry you had to post about the account status on here but I will be following up on this for you to see if we can get everything settled. If you don't hear anything in the next couple days, just e-mail me or PM me and I will take it one step farther.

Spencer

Hmm. . .I know it's a small thing. . .and I know you didn't mean it like this, but. . .

MultiComm said:
...I will be following up on this for you to see IF we can get everything settled

I would hope there wouldn't be any IF'ing involved, and that it will be resolved. ;)

Good to see you getting settled in Joseph, hope your further training continues well.

Sorry you had to post about the account status on here...

Thanks! I too am sorry I had to post this on here as well. But I always know, even if it takes time, Falcon always will do the right thing eventually. Hence why I still recommend anyone seeking training to check you all out as a very good option for training.

Nowhere is perfect. I know this is just one of those glitches I become accustomed too as it is probably due to priorities and growth of Falcon. You are all are so busy. I'll sure miss that super busy environment.

Fingers crossed I'll get the kind of hours here in San Antonio as I would in Peachtree City or Atlanta as a CFI with Falcon. I know it'll be hard though as the weather here is not quite as good for flight training and the school is much smaller here as well.

Thanks again!

Good Catch...My Bad.

We will get this taken care of.

Thanks for the help. It took time, but check is finally in hand. Hope all is well at Falcon. I love San Antonio, but I sure do miss flying with ya'll out at Falcon. Take care everyone.

And for those interested. In about 60 days I'll start a thread on my experience at Wright Flyers in San Antonio under the "Flight Academies and Fixed Base Operators (FBO)" Section.

Back