Facility Levels

Bigfly

Does anyone out there have a good list of facilities and their payscale level? I am particularly interested in KPWM and KBTV but a more comprehensive list would be more useful for others.

I have heard that they are both level 7 facilities. Is this right?

Does anyone out there have a good list of facilities and their payscale level? I am particularly interested in KPWM and KBTV but a more comprehensive list would be more useful for others.

You can drop the K's, this ain't the ICAO hehe. Second, just use the forum search tool to find what you're looking for. There's a mostly current spreadsheet out there

Not to hijack the thread but does anyone know the traffic volume requirements for each facility level. For example what amount of traffic dictates a facility to be a 10 or 11?

Not to hijack the thread but does anyone know the traffic volume requirements for each facility level. For example what amount of traffic dictates a facility to be a 10 or 11?

It has a lot to do with the airspace that a facility controls and its available facilities (ex. up/down has tower and radar) in addition to the air traffic operations it performs each day. There is no 'volume requirement' that I know of right now.

It has a lot to do with the airspace that a facility controls and its available facilities (ex. up/down has tower and radar) in addition to the air traffic operations it performs each day. There is no 'volume requirement' that I know of right now.

I thought the reason for traffic counts was related to facility rating. I'm just curious what it takes for a facility to go up or down in rating.

BTV is a 7, it's not a bad place. I toured there a few years ago and I fly out of there all the time. I applied to work there back in June 07 but I did not get picked up (and i'm glad I didn't, I'm sick of the weather up here!!!)

Facility level is determined by a huge mathematical formula...there are many many many factors that are used to determine this....it is all found in: FAA Order 7210.57

I'll give you one freebie...anything else, I'll have to charge you for...I got all the info you need on that stuff:

KBTV - FAA Burlington ATCT/TRACON
1250 Airport Dr.
South Burlington, VT 05403
(P) 802-657-4400
(F) 802-657-4594
Level 7 facility with 13.18% locality

KPWM - FAA Portland ATCT/TRACON
Portland International Jetport
1001 Westbrook St.
Portland, ME 04102
(P) 207-775-0602
(F) 207-775-0325
Level 7 with 13.18% locality

Facility level is determined by a huge mathematical formula...there are many many many factors that are used to determine this....it is all found in: FAA Order 7210.57

I'll give you one freebie...anything else, I'll have to charge you for...I got all the info you need on that stuff:

KBTV - FAA Burlington ATCT/TRACON
1250 Airport Dr.
South Burlington, VT 05403
(P) 802-657-4400
(F) 802-657-4594
Level 7 facility with 13.18% locality

KPWM - FAA Portland ATCT/TRACON
Portland International Jetport
1001 Westbrook St.
Portland, ME 04102
(P) 207-775-0602
(F) 207-775-0325
Level 7 with 13.18% locality

Wecome back gnome!

A lot of it has to do with runway configurations at the primary airport, operations per day, airspace complexity, overflights, practice approaches, Class of airspace, etc.

PWM is L7 - lovely tower. I used to live in Bangor, Maine and I did most of my flying as a pilot in and out of PWM. Such a beautiful area!

nobody gets portland

i know 3 people from the academy that are there...

damn, i talked to numerous CPCs at ZBW who said it was nearly impossible to get PWM. i even knew a guy who put maine down for his only choice, declined bangor twice, before he accepted it his third run. i guess times are a-changin :)

Anybody know how difficult it is for OTS candidates to get to higher level towers (10/11 like BOS TOWER)?

Anybody know how difficult it is for OTS candidates to get to higher level towers (10/11 like BOS TOWER)?

I am OTS and I got Boston Tower. I do have aviation experience, but I really don't think that matters.

Back