FAA’s diversity push includes focus on hiring people with ‘severe intellectual’ and ‘psychiatric’ disabilities

IMG_5190.png

Plenty of jobs, inside the FAA and elsewhere, that people with those physical and mental disabilities can safely and competently hold. Click bait fear mongering journalism.

Some "I have chyron-capable video software so people think it's legit" internet news report put out an idiotically derived 'hit' on my employer and the usual suspects lapped it up like a tech bro does Ketamine.

Know who the FAA loves hiring? Retired airline pilots. Wait.... wait a second... :)

In Cherokee cruiser world, the only people qualified to be janitors at Mike Maroney are those whose parents are rich enough to pay for a $30k trash bag changing/mopping course.

FFS, do you honestly have a problem high hiring a paraplegic as a controller?

Like anywhere, It all comes down to what the position is, with regards to who would be eligible with what disabilities. For example, you aren’t going to be a firefighter at the FAA without extensive training, background, and full physical capability.

Like anywhere, It all comes down to what the position is, with regards to who would be eligible with what disabilities. For example, you aren’t going to be a firefighter at the FAA without extensive training, background, and full physical capability.
I mean if a paraplegic takes ‘your’ jerb what does it say for the able bodied folk. Pretty poor show, but hey…

I mean if a paraplegic takes ‘your’ jerb what does it say for the able bodied folk. Pretty poor show, but hey…

The accusations originally held are that DEI is overriding structural functions that guide hiring practices and promotions. That isn’t a tie breaker best practice, that’s simply we have an and goal of 15-20 years from now looking at representation being all inclusive particularly at top ends of bureaucracy and in order to do so you have to force populations into the program further up the pipe.

While it’s easy to just dismiss the source of the article as some has chosen to do as simply “boomer nonsense” or whatever, it’s completely ignorant to conclude that these efforts don’t exist.

We’ve been seeing them in the military for a couple decades now. Suspended helicopter unit leaders return; report recommended they be fired.
By the way I was in her command. Yes she threw a stapler across the room on a staff meeting like a child. Any man who did the same would never have gotten his command back. Given she just “successfully” finished her Brigade command mark my words, she will recieve a star despite demonstrating she has no business getting one.
She’s going to be the first female branch commander of Aviation it just hasn’t hit her turn yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely—and this kind of falls into the “obvious” category.

The stupidity in the outrage here lies in the lack of recognition that the FAA has 45,000 positions that range in physical, educational and mental requirements.

Just after the UA Maui thing someone told me "I heard the FO was a black female who had been on IOE for over a year."

3 strikes in a single sentence, and I told him so!

"I'm just repeating what I was told."

There's only one really disgusting reason someone would make something like that up.

They don't like it when I say that straight white males have crashed more planes than any other group in the industry.

They don't like it when I say that straight white males have crashed more planes than any other group in the industry.

If you plot percentage of white male airline pilots through time with crash rate together, you’ll trigger the mess out of some folks.

It’s a journalistic-poor boogeyman article meant to be broadly shared amongst news “griefers“ that thinks they’re losing something they’re entitled to.

Clickbait to get eyes on apps and run it up the search results so the PPC/CPM revenue is maximized.

Here — Sweetie is the Queen of the news rager crowd.

Besides, we can even ‘play that game’ that the author would like us to play. If you’re diagnosed with clinical depression but can type, why would an agency, which still benefits from the taxing they’re paying be restricted from being an administrative assistant In a non-safety related position? Or a disabled soldier with PTSD not be able to gain government employment?

Last edited:
In Cherokee cruiser world, the only people qualified to be janitors at Mike Maroney are those whose parents are rich enough to pay for a $30k trash bag changing/mopping course.

FFS, do you honestly have a problem high hiring a paraplegic as a controller?

Does he have the mobility to do the job?

I can tell you, medically speaking, I can be an airline pilot, but I cannot* be an ATC controller. Let that sink in. I’m not disclosing my issue. But it’s a fact.

*unless they offer a waiver to deviate from the published number values for this certain thing.

And don’t get me started on the FAA doing DEI for itself, and ignoring something like mental health for pilots.

Back