FAA teams up with Gulfstream

OK, not arguing any points expressed, but hypothetically, after having gone through ATP/Gulfstream or FAA/Gulfstream then starting to work CFI until hours are built, isn't your status elevated when seeking a pilot position which demands more money to be paid for the investment?

Just a question. . .
Your status is elevated at Gulfstream, lowered at any airline with a grumpy captain on the hiring board, and neutral everywhere else. For an extra $25,000.

OK, not arguing any points expressed, but hypothetically, after having gone through ATP/Gulfstream or FAA/Gulfstream then starting to work CFI until hours are built, isn't your status elevated when seeking a pilot position which demands more money to be paid for the investment?

Just a question. . .

Elevated to the point that you can go around saying you flew for an airline before flight instructing. I suppose that yields a little bit of credence if you're a great sales person who can convince someone who doesn't know what Gulfstream does that you're a better "pilot" because you paid a company a couple thousand dollars to be the 19th passenger.

Your status is elevated at Gulfstream, lowered at any airline with a grumpy captain on the hiring board, and neutral everywhere else. For an extra $25,000.

Bingo, and it's not just gumpy captains on hiring boards but your fellow professional aviators who rely on this craft to put food on the table.

Elevated to the point that you can go around saying you flew for an airline before flight instructing. I suppose that yields a little bit of credence if you're a great sales person who can convince someone who doesn't know what Gulfstream does that you're a better "pilot" because you paid a company a couple thousand dollars to be the 19th passenger.

Bingo, and it's not just gumpy captains on hiring boards but your fellow professional aviators who rely on this craft to put food on the table.

. . .perhaps, and because I can't make the aviation comparison historically speaking, the only conclusion I would make is you're right . . there are plenty of grumpy captains abound who lack the professionalism examine individuals as individuals who rise above, in this economic environment to do whatever it takes to maximize their worth to an organization. PFT/PFJ has been around for a very long time for what I understand. PFT/PFJ pilots I would speculate are in every regional/major airline in the world. Some grumpy, narrow minded captain who looks at a PFT/PFJ applicant immediately as a negative, for me, would probably have other negative "intangibles" in his/her personality I personally probably wouldn't wish to contend. (Weakness of human nature)

My own personal analogy -Kinda reminds me long ago from my military days when everyone said West Point officers made better leaders than those from ROTC, Citadel, etc. None of that background education matters when you're out on the front lines.

PFT/PFJ? It's a sound business practice. Right now, with furloughs abound and the aviation industry in shambles for a multitude of reasons, I'll not knock anyone for trying to do whatever it takes to elevate their bargaining position with an airlines. To be honest, in some aspects, I believe in this economy, one might be overly hedging their bets they'll find a job after their 250 SIC hours, but a pilot with 1500TT hours, for example, someone is going to place significant emphasis on the fact 250 of those hours came from Gulfstream? That sounds narrow minded. But oh - we know there's plenty of those individuals around. . .pilots and non-pilots alike.

Again, I'm not going to naysay anyone's path to a successful aviation career. I would be curious what PFJ took a person's job at Gulfstream.:sarcasm:

Yes, I know. . .it's the principle.:D

Back