FAA Ramp Check. Is the Aircraft Grounded?

An airplane I'm familiar with received a ramp check by the FAA and they issued a number of items which needed to be fixed. I believe it was form 8620, "Aircraft Condition Notice." It says that "A special flight permit WILL be required to be issued prior to operation if corrective action has not been taken." Then it says "A Special Flight Permit may be obtained from the office named below."

Does this mean that once the items are fixed that the airplane can immediatly be flown again without another inspection or special flight permit?

"Does this mean that once the items are fixed that the airplane can immediatly be flown again without another inspection or special flight permit?"

I'm pretty sure it does.

Does this mean that once the items are fixed that the airplane can immediatly be flown again without another inspection or special flight permit?

As long as a qualified person signs off the repairs, yes. Inspections for the entire aircraft are only required at certain times. Those times depend on what type of aircraft and what rules the aircraft is operating under.

The special permit would probably be a ferry permit to fly the aircraft to a location where the repairs can be made.

Back