FAA Halts SWA Departures

Last edited:
High speed rail is great, but another big issue compared to Europe is many of our large cities are just too far apart to make it a better option than flying.

This guy’s an urban planner that makes cool videos on the topic:

View: https://youtu.be/LlxohbiQG6Y

TLDR: Regional markets like the northeast, Florida, St Louis/Chicago/Detroit, DFW/AUS/IAH, Vegas-SoCal, Seattle-Portland, are viable candidates for high speed rail, rather than a nationwide network. But even then, the demand to travel between some of those city pairs is a lot less than you might think.

Literally every other US airline at the moment:

Monkey_Puppet.jpg

(@Minuteman edit)

Last edited:
I argue that FlyArna, the national airline of Armenia:
  1. Does not care what the US DOJ and DOT think.
  2. Has a more-rightous claim to the color scheme currently being used by Southwest Airlines.

The country's flag:
    320px-Flag_of_Armenia.svg.png

The airline:
    1682283074935.png

I argue that FlyArna, the national airline of Armenia:
  1. Does not care what the US DOJ and DOT think.
  2. Has a more-rightous claim to the color scheme currently being used by Southwest Airlines.

The country's flag:
    320px-Flag_of_Armenia.svg.png

The airline:
    View attachment 71248

Game recognize game. :)

Every "US" carrier. Oh, we need to talk about that "red ball" next to a particular flight number one of these weekends! STORY TIME!

It looks like the bullet train from Vegas to Socal might actually be happening sooner than later.

It looks like the bullet train from Vegas to Socal might actually be happening sooner than later.

That'll at least get a million drunk and blue hairs off the road.

Its first stop will be Victorville then end in Rancho Cucamonga

I hope they study the absolute mess out of how Japanese high speed rail handles earthquakes. It’s going to be crossing one of the more active parts of the San Andreas.

Back