FA vs FA

derg

Apparently a "terse" writer
Staff member
During dinner...

Flight Attendant A:
"Like OMG, I really like want to move to Hollywood and become a star? But then I was thinking that I'd do more sports charters? And then I'd meet a baseball player? Because, like, they make more than football players? And then I can stay home and have babies and like meet my friends and have lunch dates with the other mommies? Like I totally think I could be a star and like I worked for Corona for a few months because I could drink for free in Cabo? And like I only have no Euros and only $7 to last me until the next payday? and like..."

Flight Attendant B:
"Go back to the hotel."

Flight Attendant A:
"Like that's so funny! (haha)^3"

Flight Attendant B: (blank stare)

Flight Attendant A:
"Like are you for real?"

Flight Attendant B:
"Goodnight!"

;)

Slow motion train wreck. Girl brought $1.38 to Spain, the other FA's married to the other FO and there was no way in (expletive deleted) I'm springing for some overspending FA's drinks. Glad the FO's wife laid the law down before she ordered anything! ;)

The only train wreck I see is the FO married to the FA! Bad news....Bad news...

Kidding..I'm sure it's lovely.

The idiot F/O on my last trip invited the FA's to dinner? I gave him endless *#$% for doing that! What was he thinking?

The FA's order drinks and 6 different appetizers and then throw in 12 euros and think they paid their fair share. The pilots end up paying 40 euros for all that crap that they don't even eat.

I avoid FA's at dinner at all costs.

There are 2 or 3 exceptions.

My granfdfather was a senior TWA captain, and my aunt become a TWA flight attendant (Stewardess then - late 60's and through the 70's). Sometimes their bids would match up and they would have trips together. When that happened, the rule was that my aunt would buy dinner one night, Grandpa would buy the other night (just because he made tons of jack, he didn't give her a free ride - he had lots of Jacobs and Pratt & Whitneys to feed in his hobby). Anyway, when it was her night, they went to a sit down place and had a meal...when it was his night, they went somewhere cheap. He was my hero.

A quick Paris story. I'm a "four-person team for drinks and dinner" MAX kind of guy because the tab gets big super quick, the skipper gets a little tipsy and will volunteer you for the "We'll get all the drinks" spiel.

Nuh uh! pshaw!

So we drop by the crew room real quick to see who's downstairs, and the captain, myself and another FA head out to Chez Papa down the street. The other FO, sitting with at least 12 flight attendants (mixture of JFK and CVG) says, "Hey! We're going out to L'Entrecote, you oughta go with us!"

I find a way to politely refuse and we head out.

The next morning, the poor guy notifies us that he had a caesar salad and a single beer, his part of the tab was a little less than 10E but he said, and I quote, "I don't know what happened, but I ended up putting 120E on my credit card".

Sucka! :) Tried to warn him about large groups and how to stay off the food chain but homeboy didn't want to listen! :)

"Hon? What's this $186 charge on the Visa?"

Nice.

Reason #145367 to fly single pilot freight.

When its time to pay the bill.....it's usually only for myself. :)

Oh yeah. It's Friday night in CVG. Is there anybody around to get down for the get down?

Man, I have it goooood! The last 2 nights, different CA's paid for dinner for the crew. I love this job! :)

Reason #145367 to fly single pilot freight.

When its time to pay the bill.....it's usually only for myself. :)

Oh yeah. It's Friday night in CVG. Is there anybody around to get down for the get down?

I'm over in JFK so no can do. But you can do the "Doug Taylor Circuit" there in CVG.

"Palomino" for happy hour, head over to "Nicholson's" for some Boddington's then watch the ladies go roundy-round on the mechanical bull at "Cadillac Ranch".

I'm over in JFK so no can do. But you can do the "Doug Taylor Circuit" there in CVG.

"Palomino" for happy hour, head over to "Nicholson's" for some Boddington's then watch the ladies go roundy-round on the mechanical bull at "Cadillac Ranch".

Let me write that down!:)

A quick Paris story. I'm a "four-person team for drinks and dinner" MAX kind of guy because the tab gets big super quick, the skipper gets a little tipsy and will volunteer you for the "We'll get all the drinks" spiel.

Nuh uh! pshaw!

So we drop by the crew room real quick to see who's downstairs, and the captain, myself and another FA head out to Chez Papa down the street. The other FO, sitting with at least 12 flight attendants (mixture of JFK and CVG) says, "Hey! We're going out to L'Entrecote, you oughta go with us!"

I find a way to politely refuse and we head out.

The next morning, the poor guy notifies us that he had a caesar salad and a single beer, his part of the tab was a little less than 10E but he said, and I quote, "I don't know what happened, but I ended up putting 120E on my credit card".

Sucka! :) Tried to warn him about large groups and how to stay off the food chain but homeboy didn't want to listen! :)

"Hon? What's this $186 charge on the Visa?"

Nice.

I've found the newer pilots are infatuated with the FA's and all things galley. Man...I hope they learn quick. I will say, however, there are some cuties running around JFK. It's almost like a different airline!

Apparently, according to one of the newbies, they're being briefed that if they don't have much money and they get A-day'ed into a expensive European city, hang out with the pilots and they'll cover the meals.

That changed everything.

For some of them I think it's a game to see how much they can get the pilots to buy. You gotta be careful though. Once, I thought I was being nice and bought one chic a couple of beers...it took about a month for her to stop emailing me.

It's cause chicks dig you man.

It's the "No, seriously, I'm happily married. For reals, girl" that kills 'em! :)

(text from Kristie in 3...2....1....)

I've found the newer pilots are infatuated with the FA's and all things galley. Man...I hope they learn quick. I will say, however, there are some cuties running around JFK. It's almost like a different airline!

Pilots? Infatuated with FA's? No ####? ;) :p :D

Back