F.I.T Flight Instructor Needed

tpaRob

Didn't see this posted here. This came out of the http://www.mlbpilots.org/ newsletter.

Flight Instructors Needed
F.I.T. Aviation, (a wholly owned subsidiary of Florida Tech) seeks CFI’s to train in a University-based Flight School/FBO. Excellent Pay and Benefits. Up to $28 per hour depending on experience. University Tuition Assistance and Advanced Rating reimbursement. Must have CFI. Desired: Associate Degree, Part 141 experience, 100 hours dual given. Apply via email wburch@fit.edu or fax: 321-674-6520

What do you mean 20? I didn't see it break 16 in my car, and that was at the warmest, the high winds didn't help either. Although 6sm vis in flight was nice, so cold no icing.

Anyone get a call back or does anyone currently work there? Sent in my resume yesterday as I meet all the mins (except that with the associates I only have 60 credits, not an A.A.). Thanks.

What do you mean 20? I didn't see it break 16 in my car, and that was at the warmest, the high winds didn't help either. Although 6sm vis in flight was nice, so cold no icing.

Why do you think that I didn't go to UND after I got all my licenses!

Anyone get a call back or does anyone currently work there? Sent in my resume yesterday as I meet all the mins (except that with the associates I only have 60 credits, not an A.A.). Thanks.

Many people meet the requirements and the company probably walked in this morning and saw 600 applications on their computers. It might take some time, so who knows.

I spoke to Wilene at FIT about a month ago, maybe a little over a month and they didn't have a need for any new CFI's, maybe that changed, I live 5 minutes from MLB so that would be perfect. I will follow up for sure.

I spoke to Wilene at FIT about a month ago, maybe a little over a month and they didn't have a need for any new CFI's, maybe that changed, I live 5 minutes from MLB so that would be perfect. I will follow up for sure.

You're right. I work there and we are pretty well staffed. However maybe something has changed, power to you to send in your resume.

Definitely apply, I think business is about to pick up for FIT. When I say I think, I mean I know.

I sent Willene an email this afternoon, they have my resume on file so I wanted to remind her it was there and to let me know if she needed another one.

This would be PERFECT, MLB is literally 5 minutes from my house.

PRAYING I GET GOOD NEWS!!!!

As of a few weeks ago, there was "piles of resumes waiting to be looked at," so I'm not sure how bad the need is for CFIs at FIT, even though it is advertised. Student enrollment via 141 is way down but Part 61 is supposed to be expanding... $.02

Well I have a CFI job but I have 0 students. No good. I need to find something or I'll be pushing buggies at walmart. I Just graduated college today also.

Well I have a CFI job but I have 0 students. No good. I need to find something or I'll be pushing buggies at walmart. I Just graduated college today also.

Do you want a medal?

edit. Sorry I couldn't find a smiley that had a congratulation on it.

I'm a flight student at Florida Tech about to graduate this Saturday. From what I know, F.I.T. Aviation, LLC, the airside subsidiary to Florida Institute of Technology in Melbourne, Florida, is on a downhill slide with respect to University student enrollment, which accounts for a large chunk of its business, in addition to over-the-counter services and training. However, they may or may not be attempting to secure an ab initio FAA/JAA training contract of sorts with an overseas flight school that may potentially boost primary flight training numbers (Private/Commercial) as soon as January. In addition, a new Director and subsequent management shuffles have changed the structure and operation of the place very recently. Rumors in the mill are that part-time instructors may be let go and an army of full availability instructors may be picked up, but I have no evidence to support that claim.

The fleet has been partially updated with a mixed-age fleet of Cadets/Warriors, Arrows, Seminoles, and some specialty aircraft like a Citabria, Cirrus SR-22 G2, and some Cessna's on the ramp on lease-back from private owners. The forecast plan is to eliminate the Arrow from the fleet since the University Board of Directors has elected to revise the syllabus on campus so that students earn a Commercial (AMEL) initially to advertise our graduates have more multi time and therefore the school has no need for a retractable gear single. Presently there are 5 seminoles I think, 1 steam gauge and 4 Avidyne glass, and a slew of 30-40 Warriors, with maybe 5-10 of those with Avidyne glass cockpits.

There is also a new FBO complex being constructed as we speak and an optimistic ribbon-cutting may take place in the February time frame, at which point FIT Aviation will have a new home. A lot of changes are taking place but the University alliance keeps a relatively consistent supply of students available for the CFIs on staff. When a student finishes Private, they do their Instrument. Then Commercial. Then many go the CFI route. Present pay scale is in the ball park of $19/hr starting pay for an instructor with at least two ratings (CFI/CFII, CFI/MEI, CFII/MEI) with pay raises in 6 or 12 month intervals. In years past, flight instructors at FIT Aviation also qualified for tuition benefits at Florida Tech in the same way that a University employee receives tuition remission benefits. That has often been offered as a lure to bring people in and if supply is greater than demand, it may not be a part of the benefits package anymore.

From what I have been told, instructing here is "easy" in the Part 141 atmosphere because the majority of the flight students are deep in the books as a result of their on campus studies and most already know the majority of the ground knowledge necessary for each rating when their time at the flight line comes along. So ground time is a formality to meet 141 syllabus requirements for each lesson unless a student genuinely does not grasp something or breezed by a campus class without effort applied. Occasionally a CFI might come across a spoiled rich kid that expects to be spoon-fed everything and only wants to know enough to pass the tests, but you'll run into that scenario just about anywhere.

I have my gripes as well as my good memories, and can give insight into the employer from the customer's point of view for the past 3-4 years. PM me if you want more info. Cheers.

From what I have been told, instructing here is "easy" in the Part 141 atmosphere because the majority of the flight students are deep in the books as a result of their on campus studies and most already know the majority of the ground knowledge......

Ahhh lol I wish it were so. You still teach ground lessons to the same extent as you would anywhere else, instructing here is no different than anyother Part 141 school.

The rest that was said above is about 90% true. Take it for what you will but I like it here, I enjoy going to work and plan to stay for as long as they'll have me.

Anybody that works at FIT please PM me. Looks like I will probably be moving down there Jan 5th. I have a couple of questions.

Hey Folks A little update for you guys:

I sent in my resume 10 days ago, and i actually got a call back from Ms.Wilene Burch to come in for an interview next tuesday, they also asked me if it i would be able to start Jan 5th,2008. DOnt know if theres any significance behind that date, but it works for me.

But yea folks, keep your heads up, will see how things turn out on tuesday. :)

If any of you guys who work there have any helpful tips concerning the interview please PM me.

_Stan_

Back