Eye in the sky----BUSTED!!!

t-cart

I've been wanting to share this with everybody here but decided to wait until everything was done. Today was the big day!

Several month's ago, someone stole a four wheeler trailer and a little plastic play house out of my back yard. I went and made out a report and not much happened. A couple of weeks later, a neighbor called me and had the license#, vehicle description, and some other pertinent information. I took all of this to the local PD station and kinda got the "We'll call if we need anything else" treatment. I thought there would be enough evidence to go and get my stuff back. This dragged on for a few months and I was too busy this summer with work to persue it.

A few weeks ago, I recieved a tip to where the bad guy lived and decided to go have a look. There were so many trees and junk around the front of the house that I couldn't see much, but I had this feeling that my stuff was there hidden in all the crap. Hmmm, what to do?

I am an ag pilot, have access to ag planes and work the fields in all directions for several miles. Hopped in the plane and went to pay a visit. Now, how am I going to make numerous turns over the bad guys house without him becoming leary? I started faking it like I was working the field beside his house. Pass after pass after pass. Yep, that's my trailer and there in the back is my daughter's playhouse. The bad guy even came out and waved at me.

I was pretty busy the rest of the day so today was the day. I met with the locals, and they called in the deputies and some investigators+ me.
Five of us + one bad guy.

Long story short, I got my trailer and my daughter's playhouse and he got a ride to the pokie along with a theft charge on my stuff. They also found some other stuff that had been stolen.

They told me before we got there to not say anything until they said it was ok for me to speak. I just couldn't help it when they finally asked me if I had anything to say to the bad guy after he was arrested. All I could come up with was "That eye in the sky is hell, ain't it?"

Thats awesome that he waved at you....completely oblivious as to what was going on. Good Work Detective T-cart :rawk:

Awesome you got your stuff back!
Only other person I know who got their stolen goods back, the kids had the good grace to wreck teh 4 wheeler first.

Not to drop a turd in the punchbowl or anything...but while certainly neat, it is NOT the best you could have done.

The best you could have done would have been to talk Leland Snow into letting you borrow a fully loaded AT-802U and then blown the guy up. Maybe next time...

Not to drop a turd in the punchbowl or anything...but while certainly neat, it is NOT the best you could have done.

The best you could have done would have been to talk Leland Snow into letting you borrow a fully loaded AT-802U and then blown the guy up. Maybe next time...

Either that or get MJG or Bumblebee to drop a P-3 full of retardant on the guy!

Back