Eye in the sky----BUSTED!!!

You could have dropped a nice load of pesticides on his house....totally by accident, of course.

But then you would have jacked up your own stuff, so never mind.

You, sir, are The MAN.

Still not as good as the one about chasing down the naked criminal (that was your story right?)

Just curious, how much do you think the trailer and playhouse were worth? And what are the hourly operating expenses for your spray plane? See where I'm going with this? It'd be kind of ironic to break even on the whole deal because of the aerial surveillance.

Either way, it's a bad ass thing to do, and kudos for catching a crook.

Just curious, how much do you think the trailer and playhouse were worth? And what are the hourly operating expenses for your spray plane? See where I'm going with this? It'd be kind of ironic to break even on the whole deal because of the aerial surveillance.

Either way, it's a bad ass thing to do, and kudos for catching a crook.

I understand where you are going. The trailer and playhouse are worth, to me, whatever it took to get my stuff back. It became very personal to me. This guy came in my yard and stole from my little girl and I and I was just enough pissed about it to get it back.

I understand where you are going. The trailer and playhouse are worth, to me, whatever it took to get my stuff back. It became very personal to me. This guy came in my yard and stole from my little girl and I and I was just enough pissed about it to get it back.

Understandable. I'm with Waco. Too bad you couldn't have gone all the way and blown the guy up.

Anyone who steals from a child should have their skull busted in!!!!!!! My daughter had her bicycle stolen about a year ago. She was devistated that someone would steal from her, she's only 7 after all and doesn't quite understand. I'm really glad you got your daughters playhouse back!:)

EDIT: It was worth the fuel, plane costs, etc... to get your stuff back. If nothing else, for your daughter. Man I hate it when people steal stuff from kids....

OK I got a funny second hand storry that is sort of like this with maybe a tab more "wtf" to throw in.

New a guy who owned an Aeronca Champ and Mooney. Well he was out flying the champ and maybe an emergency/precationary landing off field next to a low traffic road outside of town. He went and got a truck and trailer and then took the wings off the champ to trailer it and haul it back to the apt. Well, not enough room on the trailer to load the wings so he left them in the bar ditch beside the road until he could come back for them. Well when he got back they were gone (i know who didn't see that one coming). So Dr Private I took up the mooney and flew around looking for his wings and low and behold he found them in some guys back yard. Called the sheriff and went back with them to get his wings and the dude denied it (at this point I was involved. drove with him to get them back and help load them). Seriously?? Who sees two wings on the side of the road and thinks "hmm I bet I could use them wings for sumthin"?

When the sheriff finaly determined that he had them his story changed real fast to being he was just holding them. But really, why would someone just haul off wings on the side of the road?

I'd have not mentioned the eye in the sky, just let him wonder "how the heck did they figure it out?"
The next week or so I wouldn't fly over his property if possible,...

I'd have not mentioned the eye in the sky, just let him wonder "how the heck did they figure it out?"
The next week or so I wouldn't fly over his property if possible,...

I see what you are getting at here. Kind of a Cape Fear vibe in case the guy gets out (on bail) or for when he is released from jail. He already knows where T-cart lives though. I think a pre-emptive strike with an AT-802U would be in order...just in case. I'm in, obviously - just tell me what you need me to do.

AT-802U_3.jpg

I see what you are getting at here. Kind of a Cape Fear vibe in case the guy gets out (on bail) or for when he is released from jail. He already knows where T-cart lives though. I think a pre-emptive strike with an AT-802U would be in order...just in case. I'm in, obviously - just tell me what you need me to do.

AT-802U_3.jpg

Pay for that thing! :D

Back