ExpressJet Tells United to Reduce Flying

Dulles.

Stuff like last trip. Took off out of ORD in the snow. Once we climbed out we turned off the cowl a/i. 10 mins later we get a cowl a/i caution message. Go in QRH. That tells us that if the switch was turned off, to suspect an over pressure situation and to turn off 14 th stage bleed on that side.

We land at our destination and see the cowl over pressure plug is blown. They defer that and try to send us back into icing conditions. Legal deferral based on conversations with MX and ALPA safety.

Thankfully the deferral said we couldn't take it into moderate icing. So we got a swap, but not for the right reasons.

Repeat write up too.

Then there is usual stuff in IAD. Can never get out of there without having to call (usually more than once) for stuff that should happen automatically.

I think I would shoot myself if I had to deal with the IAD operation on a regular basis. ORD is bad enough it seems.

I think I would shoot myself if I had to deal with the IAD operation on a regular basis. ORD is bad enough it seems.

Our CRJ base isn't too bad. We have a pretty solid group of people there. You just kind of have to slip into a zen like state of realizing that operationally, your trip will be a goat rodeo. After that just go with it. Its really the people that makes you not want to blow your brains out.

Back