Ex-pilot wore old uniform, badge to cut security lines

"...is studying dentistry at Tulane University in New Orleans."

Well, he does seem to have nice teeth. :D

I once worked with an FO who quit dentistry to become an airline pilot (even went to corporate first).

Giving up a career with redeeming social value to become an airline pilot ? Takes all kinds, I guess.

Delta...LP?

If so - Interviewed, same initial class, and trained with him on the 88 several years later.

Ooh, good catch. As far as I know it is.

Wait, Hawaii is letting people who aren't in KCM bypass security? Seems like some heads need to roll there as well.

Note: I meant "KCM" not "CASS" in the previous posts and well, I doubt if… wait, I'm completely (and admittedly) confused now!
Ya that's why I read this as.. he was allowed to cut in line. If that's all this is. Um, lets all settle down. Cathay is neither CASS or KCM. I doubt he was allowed much at all, unless TSA is beyond stupid.

I'm neither KCM nor in CASS. My company requires that I wear the monkey suit while traveling to and from work. TSA looks at you funny if you DON'T use at least the employee line while in uniform.

Looks like he had 3 good gigs. According to his linkedin he was at JetBlue for a year circa 06-07. Cathay after that, and then was about to start at Atlas. Plenty of people would love a opportunity at any 1 of those companies.
Smh

Wow really!

It would be interesting to hear the real story about this guy.
Who leaves Jet Blue for Cathay for Atlas??
JetBlue for Cathay I can understand, much more money and stability (IMO). Probably got fired from Cathay and went to Atlas at that point, thinking out loud. Although, Cathay definitely isn't for everyone, it's beyond anal retentive. Heard from someone there if you even touch the wrong knob on a check ride, you fail.

I wonder if this is the BDGRMN guy from APC??? I know he was a west coast Navy Reserve guy who flew for Cathay....

JetBlue for Cathay I can understand, much more money and stability (IMO). Probably got fired from Cathay and went to Atlas at that point, thinking out loud. Although, Cathay definitely isn't for everyone, it's beyond anal retentive. Heard from someone there if you even touch the wrong knob on a check ride, you fail.

A guy who fits in at JB will probably not fit in at Cathay. Talk about exact opposite cultures!

Looks like he had 3 good gigs. According to his linkedin he was at JetBlue for a year circa 06-07. Cathay after that, and then was about to start at Atlas. Plenty of people would love a opportunity at any 1 of those companies.
Smh

Yeah pretty odd career history. Wonder why he made moves like that...

Back