Ex-pilot wore old uniform, badge to cut security lines

I saw a Southwest FA dressed in jean shorts, a tee shirt and flip flops arguing with TSA in a KCM line last month. She was convinced that she received an email saying that she could go through dressed like a slob. I wouldn't go to the grocery store let alone travel non rev dressed like that. Even though I do look damn good wearing jorts. I wanted to say something but I bit my tongue.

I saw a Southwest FA dressed in jean shorts, a tee shirt and flip flops arguing with TSA in a KCM line last month. She was convinced that she received an email saying that she could go through dressed like a slob. I wouldn't go to the grocery store let alone travel non rev dressed like that. Even though I do look damn good wearing jorts. I wanted to say something but I bit my tongue.

I can't imagine a woman looking like that! Hideous!

article-0-02F759190000044D-141_468x554.jpg

The guy is on linkedin, F/A-18 instructor, Jetblue 190s, seems fairly normal. Wonder what lead to such a large lapse in judgment with this and getting fired at Cathay. Maybe just some personal problems interfering with professional life, hope he gets any help he needs.

Very confusing LinkedIn history, though. Never knew the navy had 747-400s!

Naval Officer
Naval Aviator
November 2007 – Present (7 years)
Boeing 747-400 First Officer. Fly over 400 passengers and/or freight internationally on Long Haul flights. Safe worldwide planning and preparation, system studies, flight management computer data and analysis and continual safety and resource training.

Uniformed crewmembers only.

She should have known better.

"...is studying dentistry at Tulane University in New Orleans."

Well, he does seem to have nice teeth. :D

I once worked with an FO who quit dentistry to become an airline pilot (even went to corporate first).

Giving up a career with redeeming social value to become an airline pilot ? Takes all kinds, I guess.

There's plenty of us around that have done it... Trust me, it's not always what it's cracked up to be with those other careers.

The story doesn't really say but did he use his badge and uniform to simply cut the line or gain access without being screened (which means the tsa failed)?

The story doesn't really say but did he use his badge and uniform to simply cut the line or gain access without being screened (which means the tsa failed)?

Looks like he was still in CASS, I presume:

"He was allowed to pass through without undergoing normal passenger security screening, Hino said"

That's what I thought, but then I thought CASS was only a US carriers thing.

Ooh, good catch. As far as I know it is.

Wait, Hawaii is letting people who aren't in KCM bypass security? Seems like some heads need to roll there as well.

Note: I meant "KCM" not "CASS" in the previous posts and well, I doubt if… wait, I'm completely (and admittedly) confused now!

Back