Event News! "The envelope reads...."

derg

Apparently a "terse" writer
Staff member
The Palms Las Vegas!

We negotiated some killer jetcareers-only room rates, a great perks package, exclusive entertainment and club privileges... I'll post more about this very soon!

And for the networking/social event, we're proud to offer our very first Sky Villa!.

More details soon.

NetworkJC's theme for this year: Welcome to Doug's Living Room (please don't spill your bevvie on the carpet)

:D

Nice! I'm really excited. It is going to be an awesome event. Thank you both for all of your hard work.

EXCELLENT News!!!! Thank you so much for all your hard work. That suite looks amazing!!!:drool:

Just a little teaser about the event. The main networking/meet and greet function is going to be held in the suite like we did with the Bellagio, only a lot more space, better amenities and organization.

For the aviation career expo portion, we have event space for vendors, recruiters and other exhibitors in a great venue. Technological, non-stuffy and certainly in line with the vibe you all are familiar with when we have the NetworkJC events. But dedicated space, more organization and a much more robust event.

We will also have educational "breakout" rooms for vendors, presentations and othe activities in more of a relaxed "classroom" format.

Plus, look, most of us are guys but we've negotiated an incredible perks and discounts package for your "plus ones". We figure if your "plus one" gets excited about the event, she's going to be much easier to convince to join us.

Take a peek at http://palms.com - were essentially going to be taking over that hotel for a few days so you're going to have AMAZING networking opportunites throught the days and nights of our event.

Trust me, you will be blown away. If you're not, well, you're a stupid dummy head. :sarcasm: :)

This will NOT be a stuffy Kit Darby event or FlightOps career fair.

This will be one-stop shopping for networking, career development and a ridiculously fun opportunity to have an exciting weekend with new and old friends.

The same opportunities in venue may not be available next year so I suggest not putzing around with the "oh, maybe I'll come in 2011 or 2012...". Were going to do it up like rock stars and Las Vegas may have to out a restraining order on us! :)

:clap: Excellent !! The Palms is a great choice. You might have a problem keeping the single guys attention though. ;) I cant wait to see how everything turns out. To think this thing started in a tiny suite some years ago? :beer:

:clap: Excellent !! The Palms is a great choice. You might have a problem keeping the single guys attention though. ;) I cant wait to see how everything turns out. To think this thing started in a tiny suite some years ago? :beer:

Tiny Suite.....Shoot, I remember the double-wide at The Hawthorne Suites.....

Now Tony can go to the Ghost Bar everynight, and only has to walk to and and from his room and take the elevator! :crazy:

The Palms Las Vegas!

We negotiated some killer jetcareers-only room rates, a great perks package, exclusive entertainment and club privileges... I'll post more about this very soon!

And for the networking/social event, we're proud to offer our very first Sky Villa!.

More details soon.

HATS OFF, SIR!

I am much impressed.

This is going to be seriously amazing.

Tiny Suite.....Shoot, I remember the double-wide at The Hawthorne Suites.....
I didn't make the carrier. :(
dougflyer.jpg

Tyson better hide his tiger. MGM should hide their lions. This way, when Doug wakes up without pants in the morning, he can use the restroom in peace. Maybe we'll find someone with a monkey, so we can hire it as a butler. Charlie, you've got skillz. Get on that right meow.

Someone should rent a nice car; something with a large trunk, so we can hide a naked Tony Wang to pop out of the next morning. We'll park it in the shade, no worries Tony. Let's make sure the villa doesn't have a balcony or windows, just in case Marshall shows up.

I may fill the bathtub and jump in for old time's sake.

I just hope I can make it. If I can't, I'll spend my weekend driving by Jtrain's place while Em is in Vegas, yelling "paging lawyer [removed for posterity]!!!" Then I'll get him drunk and encourage him to do something silly (not pull a tooth, been done before). I know he's manipulable, after all, we went to a Brewers game, right sweetie?

ummmmm..Matt, the skyvilla has a pool....it has a very nice patio area and a wide swath of plexiglass since it's at least 50 some stories above ground. it's also a one story (not a 2 story loft), so we don't have to worry about anyone trying to perform a bad swan dive

however, there will be no jumping in with clothes and yes, if you really want to try it, you can bring your suit.

we will have bartender and a house attendant or 2 to make sure things stay somewhat "sane"...there will be no regurgitation of the MGM :D

ummmmm..Matt, the skyvilla has a pool....it has a very nice patio area and a wide swath of plexiglass since it's at least 50 some stories above ground. it's also a one story (not a 2 story loft), so we don't have to worry about anyone trying to perform a bad swan dive

however, there will be no jumping in with clothes and yes, if you really want to try it, you can bring your suit.

we will have bartender and a house attendant or 2 to make sure things stay somewhat "sane"...there will be no regurgitation of the MGM :D

MY memory may be a bit clouded, but I do not recall John, Marshall, Matt, Jonathan, or Doug jumping in....:rotfl:
And reading above, that doesn't say that one cannot jump in without their clothes. :D

Back