ERJ climb profile difference Q

I've noticed a big problem with descent planning at our airline, as Baronman mentioned. It's not really taught all that well. We have guys that start down way too early, especially when given a PD clearance. Then the guy behind you has to start down, etc. Also, while doing this, you're slowing down, which causes compression, which in turn causes the next 12 airplanes behind you to get slowed and turned off the arrival.

Really? It seems like all the folks I fly with do a pretty good job. If anything they probably tend to err on the side of too-steep, and have to bust out the speed breaks (not that it's a big deal). I had to do that the other day, when the 100 knot tailwind stayed at 75+ all the way to 10k and the plane just wouldn't give me more than 2800 fpm coming down the gland3 SAT transition.

Far be it from me to judge though, I'm usually just happy if we can get through the 4 day without an ASAP. Had my line check day before yesterday and I feel like punching something. Nothing like being talked down to for silly stuff (made a smooth landing and got tore into for not running the QRC on momentary "t/r disagree" during the rollout). Also got ripped for hand flying an RNAV departure. Boy, that fine print on 3 year old TIL's that no one ever bothered to incorporate into the CFM, FOM, or -7's can get you....but I passed so I guess I should be happy :D

Far be it from me to judge though, I'm usually just happy if we can get through the 4 day without an ASAP. Had my line check day before yesterday and I feel like punching something. Nothing like being talked down to for silly stuff (made a smooth landing and got tore into for not running the QRC on momentary "t/r disagree" during the rollout). Also got ripped for hand flying an RNAV departure. Boy, that fine print on 3 year old TIL's that no one ever bothered to incorporate into the CFM, FOM, or -7's can get you....but I passed so I guess I should be happy :D

Look at it this way...the reason he was talking to you about the piddly crap is because he couldn't find anything big to fault you on. Sometimes you'll get a check airman that ABSOLUTELY has to critique SOMETHING on a line check. Sometimes they have to hunt for it.

Yeah, the just recently started putting it in the -7 updates (last revision or so) about using the autopilot on TYPE 1 (or whatever they're called) RNAV departures. 4 or 5 times in and out of CLT in the last few weeks has brought that to my attention.

Back