ERD jumpseat

Mad Doggy Dog

Question:

Gotta go from DFW to BTR.

The American Eagle ERD jumpseat......how uncomfortable is that?

1. Unfit for humans at any time.
2. Tortorous but non fatal if less than an hour.
3. OK if you are a starving Somali pirate.
4. Best seat in the house!

On a related note, who here has jumpseated on SWA from DAL airport?

Last time I tried that, I was not in uniform, they wouldn't let me through security without a ticket, and they wanted me to wait in this enormously long line at the ticket counter to get a some sort of security pass.

Has it gotten any better?

Thanks guys.....

It's not bad, definitely the 3rd best seat in the house. No worse than any other narrow body cockpit. The ERJ cockpit in my opinion is more spacious than the CRJ because of the length and the way it's set up. On the CRJ you feel more "wrapped" in.

By all means, I think a Piper Tomahawk has a far superior jumpseat to a CRJ!

You two Boeing drivers are both fired.

One:I do the BTR route often, there are no CRJs on that schedule.

Two: There is no such thing as an ERD. We call it the ERJ*, or EMJ, depending on what computer code you're referencing.

*ERJ- The 'J' stands for Jorge (Hor-Hay) which is the name we semi-affectionately give our autopilot. Most folks call him George, but he's from Brazil, so out of cultural sensitivity we refer to him by his proper Portugese name.

Three, quit whining. A free ride is a free ride! :p

I'll take the EMB-145's jump seat over the 757's perch anytime. I spent a lot of time in that thing on Delta going from SLC-EWR and back, and I wanted to die whenever I ended up sitting up there. The EMB-145's jumpseat is plenty comfortable, though to be honest I've never ridden in it further than EWR-DTW, and I thought it was very comparable to a 737's center jumpseat (which I HAVE ridden for 5 hours).

Somewhere between #3 and #4.

People complain about the ERJ jumpseat but I honestly feel like it's about the same comfort-wise as the 737 jumpseat. I've sat on the ERJ jumpseat for 3 hours before with no problem, and I'm a moderately sized individual. Granted I'm probably biased since I fly the thing, but it's not too bad and it does what it supposed to do. When's the last time you wore david clarks? Something you might not expect is the borderline-necessity for a headset of some type, as the cockpit is so loud at cruise you would have to shout to communicate without them. Some jumpseaters opt not to put them on, which is fine, but I honestly prefer it when they do.

It's not so bad at all . . . far more comfy than the CRJ jumpseat (and that's ANY of the CRJs). Just as comfy as the one in the 737, and pretty close to the one in the 757.

On behalf of my butt, thank you all!

Firebird, put your panties back on.....sheeeesh!
Are you gonna fly the DFW BTR route tomorrow? Let me know and I'll grace you with my presence!......and a stomach full of pinto bean chili. I think I'll take the 4pm flight.
:)

The AA.com website refers to the ERJ as a ERD for eqp type.

By far, the world's worst jumpseat is in a CRJ.....or the left jumpseat on a 737 if equiped with 2.

The trick to the 757 left jumpseat is to sit sideways and lean over the armrest. That or steal a blanket and sprawl out on the cockpit floor.

Are you gonna fly the DFW BTR route tomorrow? Let me know and I'll grace you with my presence!......and a stomach full of pinto bean chili. I think I'll take the 4pm flight.

The AA.com website refers to the ERJ as a ERD for eqp type.

By far, the world's worst jumpseat is in a CRJ.....or the left jumpseat on a 737 if equiped with 2.

The trick to the 757 left jumpseat is to sit sideways and lean over the armrest. That or steal a blanket and sprawl out on the cockpit floor.

See what's what I hated about the 757 jumpseat, was that my feet were dangling for 4.5 hours twice a week during my commute. I'd much rather take a 737 jumpseat where I can at least rest my feet on the floor.

It's not so bad at all . . . far more comfy than the CRJ jumpseat (and that's ANY of the CRJs).

They're about the same space-wise...with the edge to the CRJ for not having a step up to the cockpit and not necessitating huge ear-clamps to keep your hearing.

Just as comfy as the one in the 737

Agree...

, and pretty close to the one in the 757.

Do what now? Are we talking high-chair 757, or the awesome behind-the-FO near couch that all of American's have? The high chair sucks for sure, but the other one is sweet.

I was in a United 757 jumpseat earlier this month and the captain made a VERY big point to brief me on the little foot rest because apparently since January there have been 4 instances of pilots chopping off a finger while messing with it.

I know I ride is ride and you are thankful for it. With that said I don't know how anyone could ride on the CRJ jumpseat. I've jumpseated numerous times and that seat is the absolute worse. Can the ERJ even take a jumpseater? Everytime I try on Eagle they seem to be weight restricted(tried 3X).

I know I ride is ride and you are thankful for it. With that said I don't know how anyone could ride on the CRJ jumpseat. I've jumpseated numerous times and that seat is the absolute worse. Can the ERJ even take a jumpseater? Everytime I try on Eagle they seem to be weight restricted(tried 3X).

Your problem is Eagle. ExpressJet rarely had weight restrictions, and I never saw one after they did the LR2 weight mods to the fleet.

You sir, are a gas. Most assuredly. No, I will not be flying tomorrow, as I will likely still be convalescing.

And for your reassurance, that avatar is not supposed to symbolize 'my' panties, so much as someone else's. I figured it was positive visualization.

Are we talking high-chair 757, or the awesome behind-the-FO near couch that all of American's have? The high chair sucks for sure, but the other one is sweet.

You know, I never really minded the high-chair! Maybe it's because I have such bad knees . . . I like being able to move my legs freely.

I hate all of them. So far, I haven't found one yet where my feet touch the floor. By the end of the first 30 minutes, my legs and feet are all tingly. By the end of the first hour, my legs and feet are numb. It's fun to watch me try to walk out of there at the end of the flight.

Best jumpseat I've found so far? The Lockheed L1011. Awesome views, comfortable, absolutely incredible.

737's are terrible, 757's are terrible but WAY better than the 737, 767ER's would whip any RJ out of the blocks (sorry folks), Airbuses are great. MD-11's, I think, were pretty cool when they were at Southernjets.

Try the center jumpseat on a UPS 767...Ah...Heaven.

It swivels, reclines, slides forward, back, etc. Very, very nice.

Back