Envoy Interview

Jeez...is Dallas really that bad now?!
A $679/Month apartment on Collins Arlington in 2020 now goes for $1300/Month...
Its ridiculous how Envoy keep using the same excuse of "Feeder company to AA" to lure in candidates.
Dx working 6 days a week is definitely not sustainable given the micromanaging and workload
AA manages to continuously dump on Envoy

Its ridiculous how Envoy keep using the same excuse of "Feeder company to AA" to lure in candidates.
Dx working 6 days a week is definitely not sustainable given the micromanaging and workload
Wow that sucks...makes me feel somewhat better about my decision to turn down an interview. Any indication that things are/will get better in the DFW area COL-wise or is the consensus that it's just going to continue to get worse and worse?

AA does that so to prevent having to operate on their own metal thus having to hire more expensive dispatchers on the AA side. Where’s the union that Envoy supposedly has?

Wow that sucks...makes me feel somewhat better about my decision to turn down an interview. Any indication that things are/will get better in the DFW area COL-wise or is the consensus that it's just going to continue to get worse and worse?

You cannot live on $20 anywhere in the US at this point unless you have a second income/investment income coming in.

Agreed with the terrible micro management, there is a supervisor who all of us hates the mos, timing my restroom time and questioned why I using restroom so many times during the shift !!!

Agreed with the terrible micro management, there is a supervisor who all of us hates the mos, timing my restroom time and questioned why I using restroom so many times during the shift !!!

and the union allows this to happen?

Speak with a steward or a trusted rep who will help you. You can also call the local union office and speak with a representative to help you.

Speak with a steward or a trusted rep who will help you. You can also call the local union office and speak with a representative to help you.
The union rep is in bed with management...they feed him OT and he does what they want...he believes we shouldn't be able to file grievances unless it's for pay...when people go to him with issues he just laughs in their face....

I already left and dont bother to talk to the union since the union rep as mentioned not even care, he is the coor OJT trainer and we all felt being the most stupid DX during the shift with him, lots of us quit the coor training and rumor said that made him happy as not many people will compete with the coor overtime.

I already left and dont bother to talk to the union since the union rep as mentioned not even care, he is the coor OJT trainer and we all felt being the most stupid DX during the shift with him, lots of us quit the coor training and rumor said that made him happy as not many people will compete with the coor overtime.
Agree 100% with the above statement. He's a total pos.

The union rep is in bed with management...they feed him OT and he does what they want...he believes we shouldn't be able to file grievances unless it's for pay...when people go to him with issues he just laughs in their face....

The local union President just doesn’t care if you had less than 5-8 year at MQ. Every issue I ever had was worked out with ole Whiskey or Mr. Flat Earth and never a peep from the union.

I’ll never forget his response to my question about how the union would handle COVID, he suggested I get some applications to gas stations on my way home. Management was actually pretty open about what their options were when you asked. You could trust management more than you could trust your union president.

There’s a reason he was never allowed to do comp checks for new hires. Prior to that change he was nicknamed “the Terminator” since people kept quitting after his checks.

Life got a lot easier when you stopped caring about his opinion.

The local union President just doesn’t care if you had less than 5-8 year at MQ. Every issue I ever had was worked out with ole Whiskey or Mr. Flat Earth and never a peep from the union.

I’ll never forget his response to my question about how the union would handle COVID, he suggested I get some applications to gas stations on my way home. Management was actually pretty open about what their options were when you asked. You could trust management more than you could trust your union president.

There’s a reason he was never allowed to do comp checks for new hires. Prior to that change he was nicknamed “the Terminator” since people kept quitting after his checks.

Life got a lot easier when you stopped caring about his opinion.

Sounds like a breeding ground for toxic behavior. MQ bros gotta lookout for each other

Let me say a few things, yes it has gone up. As has the pay. The pay is still not great, but the 0-3 year people got pay bumps while no one else did. All the senior DX at envoy, and the nearly 70-80 who have moved on to majors or ULCC have all got by make less than New Years make now. MQ should not be viewed as a career destination currently, it is a in and out within 3 years. The whole it’s a direct line to AA, while true is not the only benefit, other majors have taken from Envoy.. SW, Delta, Spirit, even United took an old MQ who had gone to Avelo.

MQ is stressful because most people do not want to do their time, living outside their budget, etc. Stop thinking you be in an out in a year like some have. The ones who left envoy first for the majors had 2/3 years plus. Plenty of people at envoy before Covid had roommates, etc yes it sucks but you have to make due.

with that being said, the toxic leadership comes from a single digit number of people.you can avoid those people and if you have issues, tell flat earth, something will be done over time, and just move along. Keep workin and keep your head down, you will get out and they won’t and they are bitter because they know it.

i will also add, another reason for some of the toxic work environment is childish drama such as name dropping, and the airing of issues such as bathroom break timers,which is and likely a one time thing for god knows what. The thread has shown it’s not just select positionsin management/union but also in the DX group which has compounded and added fuel to the fire

Worse than JL?
Edit your post and the remove the name.. don’t be putting names out there.. we have seen other threads do this.

Last edited:
Sounds like a convo for HR, more than one with the Union. Also, had anyone thought about voting out your shop steward? Idiots end up in that role because the rest of the group is too lazy to step in and fight for everyone.

Sounds like a convo for HR, more than one with the Union. Also, had anyone thought about voting out your shop steward? Idiots end up in that role because the rest of the group is too lazy to step in and fight for everyone.
The same HR who turned a deaf ear and blind eye to multiple sexual harassment complaints about one dispatcher? That HR? LOL

Who would they vote in? The previous union rep who never stood up for anything....ever? Or better yet the convicted pedophile?
What kind of choice is that? Hell...there is no choice...but to get the hell out.

Going to agree with RegionalDXer on this one.

Is Envoy the best place in the world? No.
Can it be a door to AA? Maybe but it's been proven you can go elsewhere.
Is it great work experience? Absolutely.

You'll struggle with pay and living in DFW. You'll meet the bitter old guys. You'll deal with the training manager and their quirks. And yes, you will absolutely 100% deal with "The Terminator" (although no one called him that while I was there so this is hysterical on this thread btw) and you will learn to work around and even with him.

Learn to work with a variety of people. Learn how to handle different personalities and their ticks. Learn how to deal with being overwhelmed and feeling helpless. Learn how to use DRM effectively. Meet people with the same goals as you and open yourself up to meeting some genuinely great people. Talk and actually • listen to the life-ers, some have robust knowledge and are full of great advice.

This is a learning experience. Envoy is not designed for you to grow old there. You do not grow as a person or a dispatcher if you get coddled throughout life or in a job. It's going to be tough and you will leave better from experiencing it.

Get in. Learn. Adapt. Apply yourself. Leave.

Back