Envoy Fleet Update

1627072574842.jpeg

Every time I see dacuj’s pic it always reminds me of fat bastard from Austin powers. I mean, his pic is blurry, so it’s hard to tell, but this is what I see when I’m scrolling and notice his pic.

That's really rich coming from a fellow re-enactor. You know good and well that I've been very public regarding the fact that I do not have military SERVICE. It's only a BACKGROUND. Which by the way, is more than many out there have that have never been around any type of military unit. That said, yes, my time with the production company had me working the front lines. Again just a BACKGROUND. However, I did participate in THE largest ever Vietnam war re-enactment set in the United States. Over 500 re-enactors were involved and like you, I had experiences that someone with zero time with a military unit would never have experienced. During this particular event, a small contingent of US troops were holding a firebase which was subsequently overrun by NVA and VC units. Trying to hold that firebase and getting pushed back while being charged by these units, while not real, was a very close simulation. At some points it was difficult to remember that it was a re-enactment and fear kicked along with adrenaline. It's something I won't forget.

That said, I very much appreciate those who actually have military SERVICE and am thankful for the sacrifices they have made.
Re-enactments are a hobby, a weekend activity and nothing more. Nobody that I knew made a career out of it, unless they were in SAG and got regular calls. The simple fact you got your nerves all jangled and feel like that experience is enough to espouse to the world that your "military background" is something worth merit says everything we need to know.

You're the quintessential example of what we look out for in the "bad pilots" thread, somebody with absolutely zero self awareness that thinks what they've seen and done is the benchmark to measure all others against.

Re-enactments are a hobby, a weekend activity and nothing more. Nobody that I knew made a career out of it, unless they were in SAG and got regular calls. The simple fact you got your nerves all jangled and feel like that experience is enough to espouse to the world that your "military background" is something worth merit says everything we need to know.

You're the quintessential example of what we look out for in the "bad pilots" thread, somebody with absolutely zero self awareness that thinks what they've seen and done is the benchmark to measure all others against.

Could not have said it better myself… I can’t believe I would ever say this but I think @Cherokee_Cruiser has been ousted from his seat of infamy and in record time no less!

Some of you may have heard but Envoy is in talks to bring more 175s on property very soon. I have seen several numbers tossed about online here but I can tell you they are low. Way low. Expect a big announcement soon on adding some serious 175 beef to the fleet in short order. The long term plan is for Envoy to be a 250 to 300 fleet of 175s. The biggest behemoth in the business. Love seeing those 175 tails mixing it up with the 73 and Busses in DFW. You really can't tell the difference and it just makes me really proud to be American.
Whiskey. Tango. Fox. ... Over?!?

I might be perceived as an ass, but truly, you are now perceived as an idiot.

I saw an Antonov AN-225 today!!!! Here's a pic!

Swiss_British_Aerospace_Avro_146-RJ100_HB-IXS_MUC_2015_01_crop.jpg

Last edited:
Could not have said it better myself… I can’t believe I would ever say this but I think @Cherokee_Cruiser has been ousted from his seat of infamy and in record time no less!
Kinda like wistfully recalling the "good ol' days" of Shrub during the existential horror of Trump, or the "good ol' days" of Reagan during the treasure depleting chaos that was Shrub.

Serious question...

Is it the opinion of the tribe that the "laughing like" emoji means derisive laughter? Or, does it mean "what you just said is funny"?

Are they still making new E170s? ... "E1s" or are they called "ERJ Classics?" That's what I'm going to start calling them, the "Yaborã Classic."

Update: lol, Yaborã hasn't found any substantial customers for the "E175-E2" yet. Trans Stated ordered 100 back in 2014, but, well. SkyWest ordered eight back in May 2021 for Alaska Air flying.

The first new Envoy aircraft came mostly from BA CityFlyer and a few from Compass (that didn't go to Skywest for whatever reason). All other new-delivery E170s for "American Eagle" have been going to Republic.
Dacuj is gonna dacuj, but to set the record straight
Of the new deliveries there were six (out of sequence N/nose numbers too, which ticks me off) that AAG didn't take delivery of, Republic paid for them and put them in AE service. One version of this that I heard was that the delivery slots were traded. Dunno.
I believe contractually AA can't place owned 175s elsewhere. Doesn't mean SkyWest can't buy 20 for AA, or Republic can't repaint ex-Delta 170s though.
The BA planes - yeah. Not sure what's up with the 170s, but we've got a couple of different sets of numbers in the last book update for the 170. Might mean something, might mean nothing. Would be kinda dumb to triple the crap for 5% fleet increase.
Rumors for some Mexican 170s, but don't care enough to follow.

I believe contractually AA can't place owned 175s elsewhere. Doesn't mean SkyWest can't buy 20 for AA, or Republic can't repaint ex-Delta 170s though.
Don't forget the first set of 175's (20-25ish I think) went to a non wholly owned when Envoy didn't "play ball" after the bankruptcy. Compass I think? Of course now that they are kaput those are being reabsorbed into the 'Voy.

Back