Envoy contract talks?

Times got tough for him when they stopped airing “Duck Dynasty”
The best is when he cooks food just for the coordinators and management and tells them its from the union.....but we don't get anything on our side of the room....hell he even gives it out to people in MOC that sit right next to us...

No WN just took 7 MQ dispatchers for the April class. Envoy is a great spot to go to other majors as United hires a lot too. There has been one DAL. They must hate em or something.

Envoy about to name new dispatch supervisor straight over from crew scheduling. No dispatch experience required...what could go wrong?
PSA does this…seems to be all the rage.

One of the dispatch managers at PSA bragged to us during training and said, “I got my dispatch certificate and did minimal time as a dispatcher…like 3 or 4 months before becoming a coordinator and then manager.”

Of course…I had to explain to this one why I couldn’t dispatch a flight because the runway conditions and winds prevented me from getting a usable flaps setting…but…you know…

One of the dispatch managers at PSA bragged to us during training and said, “I got my dispatch certificate and did minimal time as a dispatcher…like 3 or 4 months before becoming a coordinator and then manager.”

Of course…I had to explain to this one why I couldn’t dispatch a flight because the runway conditions and winds prevented me from getting a usable flaps setting…but…you know…
They have to promote new dispatchers to coordinator because the dispatchers who have been there for a while have seen how abused the coordinators are and don't want that.

The sad thing is that the two people who actually had dispatch experience and would've been great supervisors are probably never gonna apply again after this goat rope and I don't blame them. Passed over for someone with no dispatch experience...smh

The sad thing is that the two people who actually had dispatch experience and would've been great supervisors are probably never gonna apply again after this goat rope and I don't blame them. Passed over for someone with no dispatch experience...smh
A few years back I was debating whether to try to move up to a major, or make a career of it at PSA. I applied for a supervisor position, along with 3 other coordinators. All were good candidates. I would have been fine with any of them getting it over me. They hired an outside candidate. And he ended up being a good guy who I'm still friends with. But even though they denied it, it was clear that they didn't want to hire any of us coordinators, because they knew it would be hard to replace us. The kicker was when we got the email saying we were not selected, it said, "While we didn't select you for this position, Congratulations! You're still in consideration for future positions!" Microsoft Outlook added a confetti animation to the word Congratulations, so we open an email about the position, which triggers the animation, which draws our eyes to the word "Congratulations!" thus making us think we were selected, until we read the rest of the email. That was my cue to move on. I removed my name from future consideration and started applying for majors. And I'm so glad I did! There are good people at PSA, and it's not a bad place to get experience. Plus the cost of living in the area is low. But I wouldn't stay any longer than necessary.

It’s my understanding they’re both actively looking elsewhere.

“Goat Rope”…never heard that term before. But after googling it, this describes PSA Management perfectly.

These are men (and a woman) that could choose to be leaders…but instead they just choose to manage…and barely get that done at that.

Decision paralysis on that bridge with the ones with limited dispatch experience is a real thing.

A few years back I was debating whether to try to move up to a major, or make a career of it at PSA. I applied for a supervisor position, along with 3 other coordinators. All were good candidates. I would have been fine with any of them getting it over me. They hired an outside candidate. And he ended up being a good guy who I'm still friends with. But even though they denied it, it was clear that they didn't want to hire any of us coordinators, because they knew it would be hard to replace us. The kicker was when we got the email saying we were not selected, it said, "While we didn't select you for this position, Congratulations! You're still in consideration for future positions!" Microsoft Outlook added a confetti animation to the word Congratulations, so we open an email about the position, which triggers the animation, which draws our eyes to the word "Congratulations!" thus making us think we were selected, until we read the rest of the email. That was my cue to move on. I removed my name from future consideration and started applying for majors. And I'm so glad I did! There are good people at PSA, and it's not a bad place to get experience. Plus the cost of living in the area is low. But I wouldn't stay any longer than necessary.
I second this.
I met a LOT of good people at PSA.

Back