Envoy contract talks?

Morsey87

There was a rumor on Reddit last month that Envoy was negotiating some ridiculous new pay (the poster said starting around 65k). Seemed like bs but I figured I'd ask anyway. Is there any new contract being negotiated?

Yeah the contract is being negotiated by one guy who will make sure to get his cut and better his relationship with management to get more OT.

There was a rumor on Reddit last month that Envoy was negotiating some ridiculous new pay (the poster said starting around 65k). Seemed like bs but I figured I'd ask anyway. Is there any new contract being negotiated?
Asking for and getting a starting pay like that at a regional are two different things. Probably wishful thinking but good for them for asking.

With inflation, 65K to start is not very much. Consider that you can get 21/hr to start at Bucees working the midnight shift and 26/hr to work at a gift shop at DFW airport. A Bucees worker gets three weeks of vacation which is a lot more than what Envoy offers to new hires.

With inflation, 65K to start is not very much. Consider that you can get 21/hr to start at Bucees working the midnight shift and 26/hr to work at a gift shop at DFW airport. A Bucees worker gets three weeks of vacation which is a lot more than what Envoy offers to new hires.
Yea but right now they are starting at 19.x/hr so jumping to 32/hour seems like a stretch even if it isn't that much.

If you're willing to manage their car wash, you'll be making major pay. Maybe we all should be working for the Beaver overlord
how-does-buc-ees-pay-seemingly-much-higher-than-the-v0-CSZgz5M941YeEWS2_6DTvPZ8Wcccy1-5y5Hyyq0...jpg

Yea but right now they are starting at 19.x/hr so jumping to 32/hour seems like a stretch even if it isn't that much.
When you consider the flight loads for the wholly owned regionals match or exceed those of Allegiant, Frontier, and HA…with similar numbers on their seniority lists…combined with the out of control pilot pay…I don’t think $65k starting in the DFW metroplex is out of the question.

I know I’d personally be happy with 1/5th of what a Captain is making per hour.

At 2080 hours per year…that’s $31.25 an hour.

I'm just wondering if the union actually took this to management and what their reaction was. Like if they're considering getting close to this or not.

During the last contract negotiations local MQ management was vocally on board with a substantial raise, but it was the folks on the other side of the airport that said no. Ole Whiskey did the same song and dance the current manager is doing now and they still didn’t manage to beat anyone else in the industry.

I’d love to be wrong, but I don’t see this big raise actually happening.

Shame on Envoy (aka American Airlines) for paying its dispatchers and other workers in the DFW metroplex poverty like wages!!!! This is 2024, not 1965!! Something needs to be done regarding wages in the country!

Shame on Envoy (aka American Airlines) for paying its dispatchers and other workers in the DFW metroplex poverty like wages!!!! This is 2024, not 1965!! Something needs to be done regarding wages in the country!
Unfortunately, the regionals get treated like the "minor leagues". Part of the issue is no one stays around long enough to fight for higher pay and they also think "not my fight" while they are employed at the regional level waiting for the call up. The ones who stay behind are generally content to be senior and have a good schedule. I wish better for my regional brothers but this is the vicious cycle that has been happening for years and years. By far the most under paid job in our industry.

Actually Envoy is not paid by American Airlines. Checks come from Envoy who sets the rates just like the pilots

SHOTS FIRED!!!! YEEEEE-HAAWWW.....tell it Brother!! I reckon you aint got no photo-graphic-alized proof of said situation, do you?
Management keeps coordinators short staffed so he can get his 1,000 hours of overtime every year...so he'll keep his mouth shut and play ball...quid pro quo...

Back