Enroute CPDLC

It would be spectacular if when we got the Ding Dong, ATC MSG, and then accepted it, it would tune our comms to the requested frequency for us. but I don't think our company would spring for that purchase of software :p

So you haven’t flown much in Europe lately I take it?

Every frequency change is CPDLC but I have to check in and monitor with voice. Dumb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Same over here as if we don't check in after the accepted freq change they call us and ask if we are there. Kinda defeats the purpose...

I'll take a wild guess that every fit is different, both for type and carrier.

We get the same ’ding’ for: Cabin Call, Cabin Alert, Cabin Ready, ATC, Printer and more.

The 777 has conveniently placed switches for Accept & Reject. Correctly formatted ATC messages go 'green', when we tune the new frequency or select the new MCP cleared level.

For us, it's a great system. There are a few places where you establish a connection, but are unsure if there's anyone paying attention. We have to 'trick' them in to replying... Failure of 'automatic' transfers, and messages with an instruction we can't comply with, but sent without a 'Reject' option. (Climb FL370, but we're max 358...)

Based on this, it would seem that ATC installations are different too.

In all cases, it’s better than the alternative.

Back