Enroute Class Dates..Get em here

I would like to avoid it if I could. I prefer to stay in SoCal. Only because there is no way I could sell my house in this market. Also, all my family and my wife's family is in SoCal, but if they offer me ZOA, I will have to research the area and see if there is any way I could afford to live there and rent my house out.

Hopefully it won't be an issue and they give me ZLA to begin with.:nana2:

Yea, hopefully you get ZLA.

They say the morale at ZOA is pretty bad, so it might be better to avoid.

Yea, hopefully you get ZLA.

They say the morale at ZOA is pretty bad, so it might be better to avoid.

Oh, I didn't realize. That must be the reasoning for your :sarcasm: what is so different about ZOA that the morale is lower than anywhere else? If that is the case...I definately would like to avoid it.

Oh, I didn't realize. That must be the reasoning for your :sarcasm: what is so different about ZOA that the morale is lower than anywhere else? If that is the case...I definately would like to avoid it.

I don't have any firsthand knowledge, but was told from controllers at a nearby airport that: 1) Avoid the FAA, it's all screwed up, 2) ZOA is really screwed up, with trainees sitting around doing nothing, many of them quitting, and serious morale problems

Nothing I can do about issue #1, but #2 would scare me away.
Really sucks when you're excited about something, but people shoo you away from it. If it comes down to ZOA, definitely do your own research.

*edit* Maybe someone can add some thoughts, but my sense of it all is that centers are more mismanaged than other facilities. Seems like their training process is more backlogged, management is less flexible and more strict, and staffing may be more of an issue.
I'm not sure if the comment about ZOA is specific to that facility, or more of a general problem with all centers.

All the union reps I have talked to about facilities say to stay away from Oakland Center and Miami Center. Each person I talk to has mentioned those two places specifically, so they must be pretty bad if everyone's saying the same thing.

Make sure you get to OKC March 16th and then head down to O'Connell's in Norman bright and EARLY on the 17th. I'd recommend being there no later than 7am for Green Eggs & Ham, then of course you gotta put on your big girl pants and have liters of green beer until closing.

Green beer. Mmmm... I guess I have to celebrate before going in. March...it seems like forever!!!

Found out a couple class dates for ZOB folks. I was told today the next available is 11/19, after that its 1/30. Anybody else starting on 1/30?

Did they hint as to why you have such a late class date?

or are you joking....

I wish I was just kidding! :(

They said that for ZJX the only available date was March 20th and that it might be due to the fact that they are building a new training facility and would not want too many new trainees before completion. This is what I was told.

Anyone hear anything for ZAU? I was at the Chicago PEPC and the HR guy said to "keep my fingers crossed" for February. That's out there...not March, but still a while from now.

Personally, I am hoping for a later date, such as March. We have a daughter in school and since we are all moving with my husband, I would hate to have to switch her schools 2 times in a year. Once will be hard enough. If we get a Feb/March date, she will only have to change schools one time.

Back