Enrollment Rumors????

[ QUOTE ]
Ever notice how someone who comes down to Nixons' level the response is -its' unprofessional and childish? But the same person who started it -you guys just ignore him?
Chris if you think I'm scary,you ought to see FATT MATT SHIRTLESS!! AHHHHHHHHHH! I'm BLIND!
Somebody told me he was at a dairy farm and they put those automatic milkers on him,got about 8 qaurts.
buck.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Fatbastard,

I don't agree with most Mr. Nixon writes, and although some of his posts can be somewhat blunt, I haven't read anything that comes close to the worthless tirade you've written. You write an entire post that is nothing more then a cheap swipe at someones personal appearance, then when someone ridicules you for it, you scream "double standard" and end the post with yet another juvenile swipe? Priceless.

How about you share your story, or at least give us some idea as to why the academy route didn't work for you? So far I've read nothing but insults and hollow threats towards the academy.

check facts,check facts.
So I will check to see where Jake is at, Almost positive that he's at a regional.

Fabio! Man you are still a class act, keep it up.
Sorry,I don't know who my father is, but I wiegh a metric ton,Hey how about me and you goin to a beach and layin out on the sand to see who will come up and say WHALE!! and try and throw us back into the water, hands down brother,you know I will win!!
grin.gif

Muscles I was not implying that you come in there sweating for your job,but lets' admit if you made waves,what would happen? hmmmmmm?
Like me, I go to a buffet and get asked to leave, why? I don't know!
My anger comes from this (aside from being one of many screwed by dca), I eat because I'm unhappy,and I'm unhappy because I eat.
But honestly you will be flying with me someday,as either your captain or F.O. so don't think it won't happen, it will and nothing will stop me!
(Unless I see a diet soda or something on the flight deck)
buck.gif

I got all the weight during my student phase... and the fact that my wife's idea of cooking is Pizza ...delivered!...And since I left Bikini Atoll I don't dive twice a day and don't work out 5 times a week...

It is funny but back in the days when I started teaching diving, I was a snorkeling teacher in a big diving school in Brazil and they had a program for kids called "Junior Shark".... welll my nickname was..."UNCLE WHALE"!

Hope that gives you a couple of laughs....

wink.gif

FatBastard,
I sit in meetings every week making suggestions and offering my opinion, and quite often it's not what they want to hear. I am still here, and I am pretty positive they are not gunning to "show me the door". I fear you base your opinion on rumor mills and the like. Management is not so blind as to ignore suggestions from employees, any company that operates that way goes out of business FAST! So, please don't act as if I open my mouth to somebody in charge, it will be sewn shut.

We just had a meeting, sat next to the pilot in question's roomate, he had a phone interview, but is by no means working for a regional yet. I hope it turns into something more than that for his sake, like "PlaneDiveGuy" mentioned, he is a nice guy and I'm sure I'll see him with a Jet job soon enough.

So, do not call me a liar, sir! You have no grounds to do so!

Chris the academy route did work for me,but if I see B.S. I speak up! Yea, I am a non dca conformist and I won't kiss anyones' butt except my wifes'.
If you read my threads further,my postings in response to Mr. Nixons' was an excercise- if you can diss it out, then you ought to be able to take it.

Hollow Threat? Are you Sure?

[ QUOTE ]
Chris the academy route did work for me,but if I see B.S. I speak up! Yea, I am a non dca conformist and I won't kiss anyones' butt except my wifes'.
If you read my threads further,my postings in response to Mr. Nixons' was an excercise- if you can diss it out, then you ought to be able to take it.

Hollow Threat? Are you Sure?

[/ QUOTE ]

As well as not being a liar, I (we) am certainly not a conformist.

I would really like to know what made you so hostile towards this school and its pilots. Because that's who you are berating with your postings. This company is its pilots, just like any flight school, any airline. Because the pilots are who interact with the customers and the students, and without the pilots and how they conduct themselves there is no company(thanks Bill).

Just think about that before your next post.

Muscles,your breakin my heart,so much so I want to down the next crate of chocolate I find at Sam's Club!

Dude your way to personal, I would love to observe you on like one of those National Geographic shows to see how you react under stress.
So tell me, when you see like a Thompson Gazelle,do you sneak up on it, and then with a burst of speed tackle it, bite its' wind pipe then proceed to feed?

Now watch, your gonna say something mean,aren't you?
frown.gif

Fabio I can't wait till you make it to the airline, man you should be instructor of the year.
And yes,he is that good, and no, I am not brown nosing.

[ QUOTE ]
Muscles,your breakin my heart,so much so I want to down the next crate of chocolate I find at Sam's Club!

Dude your way to personal, I would love to observe you on like one of those National Geographic shows to see how you react under stress.
So tell me, when you see like a Thompson Gazelle,do you sneak up on it, and then with a burst of speed tackle it, bite its' wind pipe then proceed to feed?

Now watch, your gonna say something mean,aren't you?
frown.gif

Fabio I can't wait till you make it to the airline, man you should be instructor of the year.
And yes,he is that good, and no, I am not brown nosing.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are the one making things personal here my friend.

I react perfectly normal under stress, however, my mullet has been known to go after a few windpipes.

Where do you come up with this stuff?

Again Muscles its' about DCA Management, not you cfis' that are honest and hardworking (Under Paid too) your being waaaaaay too personal about this.
Our gripe is about DCA MANAGEMENT plain and simple. You may have complained but lets' face it -you all still make 10.00 bucks an hour after putting in 12 hour days and you only get paid for your flight time.
Unfair? Or a part of paying your dues?
What about the instructors who stays at the campus for 12 hours and only flies 4 of those hours?
You instructors ought to strike,or leave and go to a school that will pay you fairly.
You don't need a garanteed interview these days, a lot of folks are at 600/100 or 500/50 you meet the mins you get an interview, so muscles build that time and get that interview!
nana2.gif

Well Muscles, as a man with a serious wieght problem, Everything I've learned comes from watching T.V.
Like for instance, Dr. Phil told me about people like you,there fore, I was able to give my diagnosis.
wink.gif

And don't forget Oprah, though dca would qaulify for Jerry Springer.

[ QUOTE ]
The notion that we instructors here live in fear of losing our jobs is a farce!

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate to get into this one, but Im goin to have to disagree with you on that one. I saw a good instructor canned during my time there, and I saw with my own eyes the stress you guys were put under, I know many who found jobs elsewhere to avoid this.

Funny Matt, and why are you still at DCA? Put in a few apps and get the hell out of there!
C'mon man, get to a regional as soon as you get the mins!
rawk.gif

If you need multi,hey find someone to split the cost with you and bang it out. Oh yeah X-Jet is hiring without an $11,000 doin you a favor fee.

[ QUOTE ]
Funny Matt, and why are you still at DCA? Put in a few apps and get the hell out of there!
C'mon man, get to a regional as soon as you get the mins!
rawk.gif

If you need multi,hey find someone to split the cost with you and bang it out. Oh yeah X-Jet is hiring without an $11,000 doin you a favor fee.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am here because I like my job. I am too close to being done to pay for the 10-4 but it is a great program.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate to get into this one, but Im goin to have to disagree with you on that one. I saw a good instructor canned during my time there, and I saw with my own eyes the stress you guys were put under, I know many who found jobs elsewhere to avoid this.

[/ QUOTE ] Well we all know someone who got fired somewhere. Why did they get fired?

[ QUOTE ]
Dude..... You REALLY NEED TO GET A FREAKIN' LIFE!!!
just so you know.... just about every school that relies on a Key loan for their students to train will be suffering industry wide, if that school is not eligable to issue Title 4 funds and are accredited. Key is going to stop funding students at these Limited Liability Corporation schools. So if you are at one of these schools, you will be sinking on that "titanic" as well. Not looking for the lifeboats, but looking for students!
I.E. TAB EXPRESS.

[/ QUOTE ]

A very good point you have made sir. I know about the Key Loan situation and am very worried about it. And yes come a few months from now, I too may be there with you trying to find anyone who can afford to fly. The saddest part of all this is that DCA will still continue to have Key Loans. I truly just do not feel that DCA presents their training program to students in a moral and ethical way. I myself was told that I would spend a short 8-10 months as a student and 10 short months later I would be a FO at the Delta Connection airline of my choice. Well here I am 22 months later, and still no airline job. Thankfully I spoke with instructors there before I signed and found out about the outright lies told by the admissions folks, but the fact that I was lied to still remains. I was still stupid enough to sign up though, and really believed that there was no better way, but I am trying to let as many people as I can know that there is a better way, and one does not have spend $100,000 to get it. No one doubts the quality of training at DCA, other than no real world experience(unfortunately flying to Lake Ashby, Lake Apopka, and Lake Woodruff with a flight instructor next to you for your entire training other than about 15 hours is not real world training.) So to all my friends at DCA I don't want you to lose your jobs and suffer even more than you do now to scrape by, but I do want the nonethical, unmoral, outright lying behavior to stop, and the ridiculous cost of training is another issue. But I'll leave it at that.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Stress is one thing but I don't associate it with fear of losing my job. I stress alot on the ground with some things but the flying relaxes me and keeps me balanced. Honestly most of the stress comes from worrying about your students, teaching Private was the worst stress, for obvious reasons. Teaching multi is stressful because it's the most expensive and you want to get them done without breaking the bank.

I've jacked some stuff up in my time and caught some grief for it but I never felt scared for my job. Maybe others do but the longer you are here the more you figure out that's not the case.

For everybody: Let's leave the personal attacks out. Discussion of differing viewpoints is what we'd like to keep it to.

[ QUOTE ]
For everybody: Let's leave the personal attacks out. Discussion of differing viewpoints is what we'd like to keep it to.

[/ QUOTE ]Way to jump in here after 60 posts and ask that the personal attacks be kept out. Nothing like timing.
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Way to jump in here after 60 posts and ask that the personal attacks be kept out. Nothing like timing.
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ] That was almost as awesome as a muscle shirt!

Back