Emirates

Have we returned yet? I'm really curious what the trip/interview was like ?!?

I can tell you that they book you in economy with business upgrade round trip and hotel closeby to hq. You have to get yourself to one of their cities though.

I was unable to attend due to medical issues going on at the time.

That's a shame darn. What you mean by You have to get yourself to one of their cities though ?

Be wary though. Consider the pros/cons because when living in the UAE, you are subject to their laws and while they try to make it ok for expats there still are many cultural boundries

Yeah, I would throw out this caution as well. It likes to advertise itself as a really progressive place, which it is in the context of the greater Middle East, but it is still very very different. I was once stopped on the street and asked for identification by some uniformed security folks purely because I had been running to catch up with a group of friends in a parking lot. Not wanting to give their absurd legal system a reason to actually arrest/detain me, I complied (again, this is not America), and they went ahead and photocopied my driver's license. When asked why they needed to do that, they said they needed it on file "in case they found out I did anything else"......read: in case some other white American commits a crime, they can implicate me. Not my idea of a great place to live. Just a random data point, and not trying to poo poo your potential job offering.....only some food for thought.

That's a shame darn. What you mean by You have to get yourself to one of their cities though ?

A city they fly to in America. E.g. I had to get myself to IAD, JFK or BOS to catch the EK flight.

But I subsequently am in the interview process with another carrier that I can't disclose at this time. Hopefully soon though.

Last edited:
Back