Embry Riddle degree ??

creatureman

What is the better degree to get a Job?? I'm AF CrewChief (Fighters) Vet for 16 years. I dont however have A&P yet, I was wondering whats better degree Pro in Aeronuatics or Acft Maint managment. I like turning wrenches sometimes but would like to be more of a manager, super eventually. Im already old....Also is it better to get hired with the Degree and the A&P. Is this pretty much mandatory, even if you have a degree?? Thanks for any comments

What are your career goals?

You should be able to get the military equivalency cert for both airframe and powerplant if you were a crew chief. Check the FAA website for your MOS.

After you get your A&P the the maint management degree is core college classes and basic management courses. Which will be useful if you are going to be supervising a shift at an maint facility. Most will be "been there, done that" if you were running a shop in the AF. I am in the process of starting this over the internet.

I am prusruing that degree bacause it seems like the one that will be quickest to finish with all my credits, and I belive that the core skills of manageing people will carry over into most any other field if I ever lose my medical.

Thanks

I guess i want of be more of a supervisor/manager than wrench turner anymore. That pays better right?? I guess i was wanting to know is it pretty much manadatory to have a A&P and degree to get hired as a mechanic and a supervisor.manager?? Surley not just as a mechanic. Im in the process of haveing my transcript mailed to ER for them to look at , i have alot of managment credits,, already

I am in the Pro Aeronautics online with Riddle now. Make sure that you get credit for you military work when applying. It will help. From what I can tell the Pro Aeronautics class covers a little of everything in aviation. So far I have take, aviation wise, Corporate and Business Aviation, Flight Physiology, Aviation legslation. You can still get the aircraft mx degree and be in management. Might be helpful to if you wanted to get into Corporate and be part of the management versus working on them....just some thoughts

For my background/experience, I chose the Pro Aero route with ERAU. I started out in the degree program with an A&P...WHAM--30 credits received...can't beat that. I'm currently an engine dude in the AF...well, engine dude at heart, but dragged into the supervisory/management positions. I had thought about swapping over the Acft Maint Mgmt at one point, but decided to stay with Pro Aero....as previously pointed out....the Pro Aero degree offers a wide variety of courses and exposure to different areas. From what I see/read and understand....not from personal experience, you will want an A&P along with your degree if you are looking for maintenance management. I would personally stick with Pro Aero rather than Acft Maint Mgmt. You can add on minors--I did Aviation Safety and Management as minors to my B.S in Professional Aeronauitcs. Now I have my degree, A&P (IA), and will have my CFI,CFII, and MEI within the next year--keeping fingers crossed. Getting myself set up the best way I can to have options. What are you working on/stationed at?

Thanks for the comments

Hey Pacman , i crewed F-117A's for many years and some F-16's as a Crewchief. Im currently at Korea, Yea u know how it goes after you climb the ranks in AF the u have to go to Section Chief, expidediting, supering ETC. You aquire some managmnat skills along the way. Im just getting off my ass trying to get in school after being lazy b4 i retire whick is closing on quick. I guess it wouldnt ne too hard to get a minor in AMM after I get the Pro Aer?? If you put it like that just a few more classes. I was just wondering to get hired, is it pretty much like we hire u 1st as a AMT then mayeb u get a better position later, Thanks, sound like ill stick with the Pro Aer and work on getting that A&P. The AF now has a program to get teh A&P also its like doinf CDC's and 623's , I think teh old way might b eless of a pain. Any AF got there A&P's with this program ???? Thanks

LOL kool

Im at Osan in the MOC. U in Backshop??? Thats kool, maybe ill come down and check out thr Eng shop..lol U train me too top halve a motor.. lol I might need help

Is this Crayton?...This is Packard from QA....oh, welcome to Jetcareers by the way. Lots of good info on this site; especially for the flying knowledge. A couple of folks have started a maintenance forum so people can get on here and get info or just hear what's going on in the industry. Again, welcome to the board.

Pac Man

Back