embarer ERJ 145 or E190 ??

FeatherWing

I got hired by an airline. I have the option for a type rating of either ERJ 145 or E190. I was told by the pilots that ERJ145 makes more money then 190. but 190 is bigger aircraft. With 145, 1500 hours might put me into a captain, but with 190, I have to have 2600 hours to qualify as a captain. which route should I go?
thanks for your input in advance.

I got hired by an airline. I have the option for a type rating of either ERJ 145 or E190. I was told by the pilots that ERJ145 makes more money then 190. but 190 is bigger aircraft. With 145, 1500 hours might put me into a captain, but with 190, I have to have 2600 hours to qualify as a captain. which route should I go?

Ummm... what brand of crazy are you smoking? I can't think of one US carrier with those a/c that is hiring nor any in Mexico or Canada. The 145 might make more money for the company over the 190 based upon fleet utilization and whatnot but I can't see the pilots making any more in the 145 over the 190. I hope in my sleepy daze that I just didn't respond to a troll/flamebait.

Eh, I just look at the dollar signs. For me, if the 145 pays more then that is what I'm doing.

If you're planning on leaving in 2 years, see what other airlines are paying vs 145 and 190. If you're planning on staying for a long time...

$$$ Talks.

It is very difficult to give you an answer without some more information! Alas, you may not want to give out more and that is just fine.

I'd go for the 190. You'd get a common type rating for the E-170/190 with that, and that fleet is still growing worldwide as compared to the -145 which is out of production and heading to the desert from most countries. Though the upgrade requirements could change, this fact will not.

This statement is wrong on so many levels! (maybe not incorrect, just wrong) :mad:

VERY TRUE! Less money to fly a larger aircraft. And the thought of one who really has to think about making more money to fly fewer people. Or make less to fly a larger airplane with more people? Hmmm I would vote smaller plane and more money.

PIC typing new hires.

Hell, I can get you an SIC type rating and a painted human toe by 3pm.

I don't think FeatherWing is talking about any airline in the USA. None meet the combination of things that CpnChia mentioned. Either the whole post is hypothetical or it's overseas.

Feather, can you give slightly more info?

My bet is overseas. If it were me, I'd get the 190 type. More doors open down the road in the overseas market. Wish I had that or a 737 type right now, actually.....

I'm going to need three to six weeks on that. But a painted human toe? 3pm.

Sounds like "Grand China Express". Yes it's an airline, not a mediocre food court eatery.

It is tianjin airline in China. My Dad works for the Airline, they take me as an FNG. They will let me choose which plane to fly...

Back