embarer ERJ 145 or E190 ??

I can think of only one US airline that has both types and they definitely aren't hiring. Well, they BETTER NOT BE anyway...

I would want the 190. I'm around 6 ft four and I remember the first time I got on a erj145 it sucked. First time on a 170, I was in paradise, it's a great feeling not having to slant my head at a 90 degree angle.

Premature BS Flag, Socal321

Ok now this is BS. Very unlikely, unless you are Chinese citizen, then who knows...

Grand China Express was talking to plenty of American pilots to do expatriate flying for them last year. Though I am unsure at the amount that have made it through the process and started flying (it might still be zero) they do hire foreigners.

I got hired by an airline. I have the option for a type rating of either ERJ 145 or E190. I was told by the pilots that ERJ145 makes more money then 190. but 190 is bigger aircraft. With 145, 1500 hours might put me into a captain, but with 190, I have to have 2600 hours to qualify as a captain. which route should I go?
thanks for your input in advance.

If no contract then I'd take the 190 type rating and start looking for another 190 job that paid more. But with a 7 years contract I would take the 145. 7 years is enough time to move on to something even bigger (than the 190) and more $$$.

I might be moving on later on, but it is a 7-year contract...

What do you guys think for now?

That contract would be illegal in the USA. So, if you left before the end of seven years and came to the US then no problem. Back in 1863 there was this wonderful bit law called the Emancipation Proclamation. Basically, it says you don't have to work anywhere that you don't want to. You know, liberty and all.

but if you sign a contract then you agreed to the terms. Thinking military service here.

Big difference between military service and a job. No one can force you to work any where that you don't want to. We can all quit.

Back