Eclipse

WacoFan

Bigly
Check out Avweb - Vern Raburn is ousted as the CEO of Eclipse. Not sure if this will fix any of their problems or not.

"Raburn's departure was a condition of Eclipse obtaining its most recent round of financing"

Wow!

I'd still be suprised if Eclipse lives beyond the next year, they've pissed off a lot of their customers and that plane is a POS.

Welp, before too long he should be brought up on charges for fraud.

My forecast time line is moving along perfectly.

We have an Eclipse 500 at AKR and it seems to run pretty well. Doesn't look bad on the inside either, just a bit cramped.

I really don't think VLJ's will become as popular as people thought they would be.

We have an Eclipse 500 at AKR and it seems to run pretty well. Doesn't look bad on the inside either, just a bit cramped.

I really don't think VLJ's will become as popular as people thought they would be.

Yeah I only helped do the certification on the thing, and still talk with the engineers and the have talked to multiple flight test crews (the ones currently blowing the whistle on Eclipse and the FAA for allowing it to be certified).

Keep the thing Day VFR and you should be fine. Really I'd say don't even sit in it but whatever. I mean you think it runs pretty well, so that should count for something.

I have only looked inside, but from seeing it fly arund the airport it didn't seem too bad. It did use a lot of runway for how small it is though.

uhhh "YEAH THAT!"

ive poked my head inside the Citation Mustang we have at UND and even THAT thing was cramped. who would want to ride around more than an hour in that little capsule????

doesnt make a lot of sense to me, if youre buying a jet to travel....buy something nice. its like buying an entry-model mercedes... WHY???

uhhh "YEAH THAT!"

ive poked my head inside the Citation Mustang we have at UND and even THAT thing was cramped. who would want to ride around more than an hour in that little capsule????

doesnt make a lot of sense to me, if youre buying a jet to travel....buy something nice. its like buying an entry-model mercedes... WHY???

I think its hilarious the Mustang is restricted to 230knts because of the windshield.

uhhh "YEAH THAT!"

:confused:

Okay....

Ah! I got it!:banghead:

So, if you need a jet to travel and you can only afford 2-3 million $ to buy one, then you should miraculously drop 40 million $ on something much larger? (G550?) Is that what you mean?

Buy the way, I've owned an "entry level" Mercedes, what's your problem with it? It's actually roomier than the top of the line SL500 convertible I currently drive yet at 1/3 the cost. While that not may be the case with a biz jet, I've flown 4 + hours in my little, dinky prop planes (Piper Dakota and Cessna 210 without issue).

I'm sorry to hear that you could not spend more than 1 hour in a Mustang. Maybe you need to watch what you eat?

Sorry, but what you said makes ZERO sense. I guess you either have a lot of money or very little experience with aircraft.

I tend to think the latter.

Sorry for being so harsh, but your comments warranted it. Way out of line!

I think its hilarious the Mustang is restricted to 230knts because of the windshield.

According to the TCDS, the Mustang's Vmo below FL270 is 250 kts.

Why is it hilarious that it is limited? You are restricted to 250 below 10K anyway, it's kind of a moot point. Even the Citation X is limited to 270 KIAS below 8000.

Couldn't they take the same amount of money, 2-3mil, and buy a revamped citation 'stallion'? Seems like the best buy out there for the money on a proven airframe. That would be something larger than a eclipse or mustang. And for the same amount of money go further, faster, and carry more.

According to the TCDS, the Mustang's Vmo below FL270 is 250 kts.

Why is it hilarious that it is limited? You are restricted to 250 below 10K anyway, it's kind of a moot point. Even the Citation X is limited to 270 KIAS below 8000.

Wait i thought no aircraft can exceed 250 KIAS under 10k?

Couldn't they take the same amount of money, 2-3mil, and buy a revamped citation 'stallion'? Seems like the best buy out there for the money on a proven airframe. That would be something larger than a eclipse or mustang. And for the same amount of money go further, faster, and carry more.

They only replace/fix the pieces that have to be replace. You could still be flying around with a ton of 30 year old widgets and do-flatcheys.

I had not heard about the 230 restriction. Interesting. I seem to recall 340 ktas and 600 pph being the numbers on the Mustang. If you load up the cabin, you won't be in it for that long.

http://www.eclipsecriticng.blogspot.com/

After WW2 the airplane manufacturers were convinced that with all the returning airman from the conflict, plus all of the pilots from before the war wanting a new airplane (because much like cars, new airplanes were difficult, if not impossible to get - all production and materials went to the war effort) that there would be a HUGE post-war surge in airplane demand. Engineers dusted off old plans from the late thirties/early forties and started to ramp up production. They were sure that after tear-assing around Europe in P-51's and P-47's that these guys just couldn't wait to get ahold of a new Aeronca Champ, or Luscombe 8A. In short, the boom never happened. Luscombe, Stinson, Monocoupe, Culver, Interstate, Porterfield, Globe Swift, Ercoupe, Waco, and others went toes-up because of a serious miscalculation of the publics appetite. Many of those companies either folded outright, or were purchased at cents on the dollar by other wild-eye optimists that then went under. It is very similar to the VLJ phenomenon. Mistaken market research, lots of others buying in (Cessna Mustang, everyone else making a VLJ) and then some tricky economics - high fuel, slow economy, etc. I am not sure when we should call the breathless hype of the VLJ that we have heard for years a "Tulip market"...but I imagine the time is close.

Because a lot of people don't want a 30+ year old Citation. After owning the Conquest my boss said no more old airplanes. We have about a three million dollar bugdet for the next airplanes, guess which VLJ is on the list...

Alex.

Because a lot of people don't want a 30+ year old Citation. After owning the Conquest my boss said no more old airplanes. We have about a three million dollar bugdet for the next airplanes, guess which VLJ is on the list...

Alex.

Piper Jet? Just seriously curious, so PM me.

Back