Eclipse

No, the Piper Jet will be a neat airplane if they meet all of the goals, but we can't wait until 2012. We are seriously considering a Mustang. The TBM850 is also on the list.

Alex.

According to the TCDS, the Mustang's Vmo below FL270 is 250 kts.

Why is it hilarious that it is limited? You are restricted to 250 below 10K anyway, it's kind of a moot point. Even the Citation X is limited to 270 KIAS below 8000.

I've been out of certification for 2 years now, so if old Billy at Cessna changed out windshields I probably wouldn't know about it unless I caught it on AWST. They had settled on a cheap windshield very early in the program and later found out during testing it was going to have to be restricted to 230knts. There was a LOT of head shaking at Cessna on that day. Its hilarious because, below 10,000 the turboprops are gonna be passing you by on the right.

It's worth mentioning, if Cessna already changed the windshield after dumping that much money into it, then the airspeed limit wasn't a moot point.

:confused:

Okay....

Ah! I got it!:banghead:

So, if you need a jet to travel and you can only afford 2-3 million $ to buy one, then you should miraculously drop 40 million $ on something much larger? (G550?) Is that what you mean?

Buy the way, I've owned an "entry level" Mercedes, what's your problem with it? It's actually roomier than the top of the line SL500 convertible I currently drive yet at 1/3 the cost. While that not may be the case with a biz jet, I've flown 4 + hours in my little, dinky prop planes (Piper Dakota and Cessna 210 without issue).

I'm sorry to hear that you could not spend more than 1 hour in a Mustang. Maybe you need to watch what you eat?

Sorry, but what you said makes ZERO sense. I guess you either have a lot of money or very little experience with aircraft.

I tend to think the latter.

Sorry for being so harsh, but your comments warranted it. Way out of line!

Speaking of out of line... :rolleyes:

You don't think comfort is an issue for people that want to be flown around in their own jet??? Are you kidding me?

And you DON'T think it's a factor that when the owner wants to go somewhere with other passengers they will be even more uncomfortable and cramped. Just wait till you have to load things like golf clubs. Not to mention you may be looking at extra fuel stops in some cases.

Good for you you can sit for hours on end in your Cessna. A lot of pilots can do so, I've got no problems doing that either, but not everyone can do so and be okay with it.

People can still charter planes if they don't have the cash to own them, and my experience with charter passengers is that they want a hell of a lot more than being stuffed into a tin can for hours on end.

Maybe you should think before to type..

I've been out of certification for 2 years now, so if old Billy at Cessna changed out windshields I probably wouldn't know about it unless I caught it on AWST. They had settled on a cheap windshield very early in the program and later found out during testing it was going to have to be restricted to 230knts. There was a LOT of head shaking at Cessna on that day. Its hilarious because, below 10,000 the turboprops are gonna be passing you by on the right.

It's worth mentioning, if Cessna already changed the windshield after dumping that much money into it, then the airspeed limit wasn't a moot point.
It must have been changed. I instructed in the Mustang program at FSI from the beginning of the training program. We never heard anything about a speed limitation related to the windshield.

Back