Early Decision

Sounds like you really want to fly, but remember what could happen if you lose your medical. If aviation is the only field that interest you, try a degree in AeroSci that will get you the A&P license as a major and use management as a minor. That way, you will always be involved in aviation and have a couple fallbacks. With 200 hrs, keep doing the FBO route while in school.

[ QUOTE ]
If you're planning on an Aeronautical Science degree, they'll make you fly at ERAU. The way I see most people doing it is to become an Aeronautical (Aerospace?) Studies major, and just do flying across the field from ERAU. The latter will save you bookoo dinero. Your choice, really.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not true in all cases. A friend of mine came in with his Commercial and did the Aeronautical Science Program. They gave him the credits for what he had flown but made him take a class that was like a check ride to varify that he could fly. I don't know if they have changed it so that those coming in with hours have to go with Pro Aeronautics, but usually that has completely different qualifications to graduate.

Like I said before, the Academics at Riddle, although expensive, are excelent. If you can afford it, do it! Look into all your degree options and keep asking questions.

Keep me posted!

Marilyn

[ QUOTE ]
This is not true in all cases. A friend of mine came in with his Commercial and did the Aeronautical Science Program. They gave him the credits for what he had flown but made him take a class that was like a check ride to varify that he could fly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh huh. Transition course. Just like I posted earlier in this thread.

Let me interject with some "experience based" input. The "Transition" courses that RiddlePilot speaks of are no laughing matter. I took them, and have a few extra gray hairs to prove it. If you intend on getting an AS degree from ERAU PRC, then get some refresher training prior to entering the Riddle flight program. Oh, and check any ego you may have developed at the door. I neglected to do either, and my A$$ was put in check in short order. Good luck whatever your decision may be. Just remember to arm yourself with as much information as you can before you "jump in".

What most people don't realize is that there is a HUGE price difference between distance learning and on-campus degrees. If you are not planning on the Aeronautical Science degree (flying in riddle planes) then save your money. The distance learning degrees are actually a good deal, and you can get your CFI and instruct while you're at it.

Paying a ton more money just to live in Preskit and fly at North-aire would be a total waste.

Back