Eagle Rumors

Do I back the APA pilots? All the way, any day. The APA and ALPA/Feeder pilots may have long-standing differences, but anybody willing to spit in the eye of 'robber-baron management' is more that okay by me.

I don't. F-them, we (Eagle) took over 500 pilots to keep them off the street, and all they care about is APA pilots. They don't want to work with us. They want us gone. Not the flying just the pilots.

http://www.alliedpilots.org/Public/Perspective/Video/Featured/PP.html

I don't. F-them, we (Eagle) took over 500 pilots to keep them off the street, and all they care about is APA pilots. They don't want to work with us. They want us gone. Not the flying just the pilots.

http://www.alliedpilots.org/Public/Perspective/Video/Featured/PP.html

So... we take the worst aspect of any given pilot group, and refuse to rise above that?

I dunno about you brother, but I'm takin' the high road on this one.
Consider it from their angle. They're not mad at US.. they're mad at management. Our presence was an act of management. We're an overgrown regional feeder, not a tumor. If they have personal animosity towards us, that's their heartburn.

Besides, we both know this will never happen. Like I wrote before, we've all been distracted by shiny paychecks and hopes for the future while managements undermined ALL futures by growing regionals instead of mainlines. Legacy carrier pilots are as much to blame for this as much as management- they really never thought this would happen, for the most part, and never negotiated to prevent it.

When I say I support the APA, you have to understand exactly where I'm coming from. I really believe that their heyday has past and management will stop at nothing to nail that coffin shut. As such, I say they should get as much as they can for as long as they can, as there will be little growth at AA in the years ahead. That said, let those who are there now retire having earned as much as possible- they fought for it, let them have it.

As AA and other Legacy carrier pilots retire in droves, we should encourage them to soak up as much of their accomplishments as possible. They set the bar high for pilot career expectations in the Regulation era.

For us, the game has changed. Given that, now it's our turn to set a high standard and leave our mark on aviation history.

We don't have to kneecap our elders to do that. Like it or not, APA pilots will lose out to feeder growth whether it's Eagle or somebody else. I hope they do so gracefully, and use that concession to grab up as much as they can everywhere else.

The thing is I think APA could stop management from "nail that coffin shut" if they would work with Eagle. We (Eagle) are one of the last true feeders, and most pilots I talk to want it to stay that way. I don't want to fly hub to hub. We know we need APA's help. The thing is APA needs to see they need our help too. 170/175 and 190/195 are coming we all need to make sure AMR pilots are flying them, but we also need to try to make it APA pilots. I am sick of guys seating in our jumpseats and talking #### about us.

The thing is I think APA could stop management from "nail that coffin shut" if they would work with Eagle. We (Eagle) are one of the last true feeders, and most pilots I talk to want it to stay that way. I don't want to fly hub to hub. We know we need APA's help. The thing is APA needs to see they need our help too. 170/175 and 190/195 are coming we all need to make sure AMR pilots are flying them, but we also need to try to make it APA pilots. I am sick of guys seating in our jumpseats and talking #### about us.

You have AA guys riding your jumpseats and talking smack at the same time?
Geez, a little tact goes a long way.

APA's "screw you, we don't need anybody else" attitude goes back decades. When you look at the finer points of the industry over that span, unwinding things is about as easy as bringing peace to the Middle East.

That being said, working with the APA is like walking around with a tiger following you. Nobody gets close to because of the tiger, but what happens if the tiger gets hungry?

If the APA would actually realize the only walls between us are paper and that's all the reason in the world to work WITH us instead of against us, things could really happen. That's extremely unlikely, for a variety of reasons.

Still, dare to dream, eh?

You have AA guys riding your jumpseats and talking smack at the same time?
Geez, a little tact goes a long way.

APA's "screw you, we don't need anybody else" attitude goes back decades. When you look at the finer points of the industry over that span, unwinding things is about as easy as bringing peace to the Middle East.

That being said, working with the APA is like walking around with a tiger following you. Nobody gets close to because of the tiger, but what happens if the tiger gets hungry?

If the APA would actually realize the only walls between us are paper and that's all the reason in the world to work WITH us instead of against us, things could really happen. That's extremely unlikely, for a variety of reasons.

Still, dare to dream, eh?

I feel like I'm back at work!:banghead: All the talk about who is out to get the other.

I have never have an AA jumpseater talk bad about us,while on board. But I did get kicked out of the Jumpseat of an MD80 last month while deadheading home from JFK. After takeoff the captain asked what Equipment I was on. I said I was on the EMB-145 FO, and They both looked back at me like I just slept with their daughter. They called the FA and asked if any seats were open at all, I went from the OBGYN seat (easy to sleep in) to middle exit row. I stopped by on the way out to thank the guys and they would not even acknowledge me . That was the first crew and bad experience after a year. :mad:

I feel like I'm back at work!:banghead: All the talk about who is out to get the other.

I have never have an AA jumpseater talk bad about us,while on board. But I did get kicked out of the Jumpseat of an MD80 last month while deadheading home from JFK. After takeoff the captain asked what Equipment I was on. I said I was on the EMB-145 FO, and They both looked back at me like I just slept with their daughter. They called the FA and asked if any seats were open at all, I went from the OBGYN seat (easy to sleep in) to middle exit row. I stopped by on the way out to thank the guys and they would not even acknowledge me . That was the first crew and bad experience after a year. :mad:

Most of the MD-80 drivers seem like they don't want someone cluttering their cockpit. I've sat 2+ hrs in that jumpseat- it's a long ride, and it gets a little cramped for all.

They did you a favor. Beyond that, don't take it personally. They may have just been having a bad day.

Were you DHing or jumpseating? That could have made the difference right there. I know at our company, DHers are supposed to ride in the back so they don't take the JS away from someone NOT traveling on company business.

any updates floatin around there...anyone know of?

Not much to really talk about at present.

Recent events and rumors:

The AA "flowbacks" to AE are suing to keep their left seat positions on Eagle CRJs. Under the seniority list displacement shuffle, they all revert to their Eagle-based seniority. As such, nearly all have been displaced to the right seat of the ERJ, etc.

Funny: In one repeated comment, a Flowback appealing to APA members for donations to their legal fund says something like, "We'll be at $38/hr pay rates. How are we supposed to live with near-poverty wages?"

I had to snicker at that one. Welcome to the club, boys!

Rumors: Eagle is no longer parking 19 ERJ-135s, we are only parking 9.

That's not substantiated yet.

Also, NYC flying out of LGA/JFK has been kept at higher levels than previously forecast. It's believed this is to retain LGA slots, etc. As a result Boston flying is still happening, and speculation about BOS not closing abounds.

Was the contract/letter of agreement that allowed flowbacks cancelled?

The Letter of Agreement (LOA) in question is Letter 3. Letter 3 has since expired, and been the interest of several arbitration issues, etc. It wasn't cancelled, it just timed out. We had a TA back in late 2007 regarding extension of Letter 3, but it got scuttled last minute. Everybody seems to have a different story as to who did what and why. The four parties (AA, AE, APA, ALPA) all seem to want to point the finger at somebody else.

As I understand it:

As Letter 3 has expired, apparently the flowback AA pilots currently flying as AE CRJ Captains no longer have LOA sponsored 'super seniority'. The end result leaves them without special agreements as to their seniority, and they revert to their actual time Eagle-based seniority. That's about four years.

As such, the 30 or so AA pilots still flying CRJs at Eagle are sitting with 4 years seniority. With the displacement bid reshuffling the list, that displaces them all to the right seat of whatever they could hold per the bids.

Tit for tat but I believe all the flowbacks are on the ERJ not the CRJ. I haven't flown with any flowback yet as a DFW CRJ FO.

Back