Eagle ALPA Corruption

I'm happy to answer policy questions and discuss MEC best practices. But I won't get in the middle of yet another immature MEC food fight, so don't anybody try to get me involved in that.

Wimp.

And for the record, the email in the OP is incorrect in stating that the EGL MEC is the only one that allows the Chair and Vice Chair to have standing authority to approve expense reports. The ATN MEC has always allowed this, and I believe others do as well.

The CJCMEC MEC allowed the Chair and Vice Chair to approve expense reports.

Have you checked this since they switched from Concur to Infour ? We were specifically told that no other MEC has permanent proxies in place.

No, unlike you, I don't spend my time when doing ALPA work worrying about petty nonsense that doesn't benefit pilots. I worry about actually getting things done. You should try it sometime. If you're interested, you should talk to someone at Eagle who has been working for pilots and getting results for a few decades now. His name is Captain Tom Maxwell, and he could teach all of you a thing or twenty.

Gonzo said:
Out me to who? I am 99% sure just about every member on this site knows my full name. Derg the owner of the site is a great friend of mine. This site has a ton of great people and I am lucky to get to met some of them. Like I said welcome to Jetcareers and Dergs living room.

Even non121/135 know you and drink with you! 8)

Many around here already know who Gonzo is, no "outing" required. As for you, sir......not so much.

images-5.jpeg

Well, after the weight loss, not so much.

So apparently ALPA parties elsewhere besides FL. Understand some things happen outside normal meetings but it just continues to show bad choices by some, and coverup by others.

You look through enough expense reports, you can always paint something the wrong way.

Hell, management at my company company will complain that something "sounds" expensive, without knowing what it was for.

None of this belongs on the interwebs - if you don't like how money is being spent, elect someone else to be in charge.

You look through enough expense reports, you can always paint something the wrong way.

Hell, management at my company company will complain that something "sounds" expensive, without knowing what it was for.

None of this belongs on the interwebs - if you don't like how money is being spent, elect someone else to be in charge.

The real reason they're doing this is because they're in the minority, and they can't get a recall motion ratified to put in the person that they want. So, rather than accepting life as a minority, like a mature adult rep would do, they instead resort to character assassination. Sadly, this is pretty common in MEC politics.

The real reason they're doing this is because they're in the minority, and they can't get a recall motion ratified to put in the person that they want. So, rather than accepting life as a minority, like a mature adult rep would do, they instead resort to character assassination. Sadly, this is pretty common in MEC politics.

At least they didn't try to denigrate an entire council like a long time ago at an airline far, far away.

I've been a member of two MEC's. One of which was right after a merger. It never got to that point and people still didn't agree with one another. They worked for a common goal, and that was to benefit the pilot group. As you said mature people will get over it or they will deal with it on their own. They will not drag their pilot groups down with them.

Out me to who? I am 99% sure just about every member on this site knows my full name. Derg the owner of the site is a great friend of mine. This site has a ton of great people and I am lucky to get to met some of them. Like I said welcome to Jetcareers and Dergs living room.
Here I was thinking I was the only one who knew you outside of this website. Definitely not feeling special now. :)

Without knowing the full inside story (and I don't really care to be honest), I would have to agree with this. Yes there are a couple hundred (out of 3,000) pissed off pilots. The vocal minority of this group though is mad the TA passed at 75%, then a month later Obama won. Two huge losses in their minds in 4 weeks. They don't know how else to deal with the pain.

One of them has a home, land being developed, and vacation PROPERTIES -yes, plural- all paid off, as an FO.

I don't know what their goal is. What do they think "their guy(s)" can do that's so special?

Without knowing the full inside story (and I don't really care to be honest), I would have to agree with this. Yes there are a couple hundred (out of 3,000) pissed off pilots. The vocal minority of this group though is mad the TA passed at 75%, then a month later Obama won. Two huge losses in their minds in 4 weeks. They don't know how else to deal with the pain.

This is a perfect summary. It is no coincidence that the vocal minority leading the charge here at Eagle are MAJOR tea partiers. You should check out Eagle Lounge. That is their Fox News where the average ideology is just to the right of Rush Limbaugh. Those people over there are more concerned with Tony and others than with the strength and future of our company.

Well, over on the DALPA forums, we've got a very small minority (handful?) of people that take up 90% of the bandwidth arguing about the seniority list integration... As if there's going to be a do-over or something "Dynamic seniority NAO!" and another small handful of people that happily engage in circular battle with them.

Then we have an entire politics forum dominated by two or three people which I believe no one in their right minds reads as it's the Tea Party versus the Occupy crowd and:

Well, over on the DALPA forums, we've got a very small minority (handful?) of people that take up 90% of the bandwidth arguing about the seniority list integration... As if there's going to be a do-over or something "Dynamic seniority NAO!" and another small handful of people that happily engage in circular battle with them.

Then we have an entire politics forum dominated by two or three people which I believe no one in their right minds reads as it's the Tea Party versus the Occupy crowd and:

LOL!

Seems like these things happen at all airlines.

Back