Dubai

Sidious

Does anyone know anything about this? http://www1.sniperhire.net/sniperhire/careers/dae/VacancyDetail.aspx?CompanyID=38&VacancyID=11226

I found a thread from quite a while ago on it but nothing recent.

The add says its for JAA training but then in the requirements it just says:
· Applicants must be Certified Flight Instructors with Instrument Privileges from an ICAO member country.

FAA instructor certs should be covered here right? Can you teach JAA with FAA certs?

Any info on that and the Dubai topic itself would be appreciated.

Thanks

Well I applied, I only have about 1/2 the time they wanted, but just about all of my time is with GNS 430's, and I have a ton of experience in SR20's and Entegra glass systems.

I'll let you know how it goes. Closing date for applications is today.

DAE Flight Academy is actually located in Ras Al Khaimah. RAK is a 90 minute to 3 hour drive to Dubai depending on which road you take and the time of day.

The pros to RAK are that the cost of living is much lower and outdoor activities are more accessible. The Musandam is a fantastic place to go exploring and camping. Mountain biking, golf, and beach activities are all there.

The cons are that it is somewhat out of the mainstream of a big city like Dubai. Restaurants, bars, and clubs are few and far between. There aren't as many expats to interact with.

A friend of mine has re-located to Ajman and hooked up with some expat teachers there. They have a good time together so it is possible to have a reasonable social life in the smaller emirates.

An FAA certificate should be fine for teaching at DAE, but I don't know anyone there at the moment to verify who they prefer to hire.

You might also look at Horizon Academy in Al Ain.

Typhoonpilot

Hi, how do you guys come across vacancies like this?
I am subscribed to just about everything going and haven't come across this one! Sounds like a awesome job. I called and they are going to use the Cessna Mustang now as the Eclipse has gone bust.
Seems like a pretty sweet job!

As to how to find these jobs, somewhat luck, but a lot of time on pilot websites. There's a bunch and they all have a little something different.

On Dubai Aerospace, anyone heard anything back. I know it's been just a week, but I'm eager to know. I'd really like this job!

I ran into a guy instructing in Saudi while I was clearing customs during the holiday. Great great money, but tons of flying(100 hrs/month) but he seem to be enjoying it quite alot. Only complaints, dry country so no beer, and sand storms. Not that bad of a deal.

=Jason-

I ran into a guy instructing in Saudi while I was clearing customs during the holiday. Great great money, but tons of flying(100 hrs/month) but he seem to be enjoying it quite alot. Only complaints, dry country so no beer, and sand storms. Not that bad of a deal.

=Jason-

If you hang with the right people in Jeddah you'll drink more than you would in the USA :bandit:, I know I did. :insane:

TP

If you hang with the right people in Jeddah you'll drink more than you would in the USA :bandit:, I know I did. :insane:

TP

I spent a few months there back in the early '80s. We went to a few parties with some expat rugby players, and I got introduced to sadeeki - my head still hurts!

I shot an e-mail out to Colin Brown, their HR guy. Sniperhire said I had been screened, but Colin said no such application existed. So I sent him out my resume via e-mail. Seems to be a very nice HR guy, and considering the volume they must be getting, kudos to him!

Back