Doug - your ride is too quiet

Murdoughnut

Well sized member
Red eye from Miami to Santiago last night on an AA 767 - row 30. The only two people awake and carrying a conversation happen to be seated directly in front of me. Two American redneck hunters (it appears you can't escape them) talked, nay shouted, the ENTIRE FLIGHT! That's 12-midnight to 8:15am. Are you sure those engines generate enough power? I would have taken a CRJ with 3 stop overs if it would have drowned them out.

Rant over ... until the trip home.

Really I was just amazed at how quiet it ran - didn't help for sleeping it, but impressive nonetheless.

The proper action would have been a polite tap on the shoulder, followed by "Excuse me kind sirs, did I see a deer out on the wing?" Guarantee it would have been a quite ride from then on.

If you're a hunter are you automatically a redneck?

Or if you're a redneck you're automatically thrown into the hunter cat?

I am pretty jealous you are in Santiago...I love that place...minus the pollution

Thanks! This is actually my first trip out of the US (aside from one weekend in Vancouver). My wife and I had enough frequent flyer miles for an international ticket to Europe or S. America. We decided to go as far as we could. We're in Santiago for two days, then fly down on LAN to Punta Arenas for 5 days. Day one was great, though - aside from the smog, Santiago is a great town - very friendly people!

About the hunters - being a hunter doesn't make you a redneck. Railing on and on for four hours about communists and hippies does, though. I don't think there's anything I don't know about those guys. They were actually going on to Argentina to hunt birds.

Really I was just amazed at how quiet it ran - didn't help for sleeping it, but impressive nonetheless.

Funny, as Boeing North products have a reputation for being relatively noisy, particularly in the cockpit. We ran some tests a few years ago, and the reputation proved fairly accurate across the product line.

75 sounds like it has rockets on the wings!!

now the 763 772 and 744 i was on with UA, those are quiet!

I was forward of the engines, plus it was thanksgiving day so it was only about 25% full, so Im sure as soon as we were off, those puppies came back quite a bit.

Red eye from Miami to Santiago last night on an AA 767 - row 30. The only two people awake and carrying a conversation happen to be seated directly in front of me. Two American redneck hunters (it appears you can't escape them) talked, nay shouted, the ENTIRE FLIGHT! That's 12-midnight to 8:15am. Are you sure those engines generate enough power? I would have taken a CRJ with 3 stop overs if it would have drowned them out.

Rant over ... until the trip home.

LOL, I dh'd home yesterday from DEN-LAX on a UAL B767 and the entire time I thought the pilots were flying slow because I couldnt hear the engines or the air outside. Our arrival time is scheduled for 9:17pm, so Im thinking if they were really flying slow it would be 9:30 or later, the captain comes on and says we are expecting to arrive into the gate a few minutes early. I guess riding the jumpseat the last few months, I've forgotten how quiet that plane really is. You suck Dough.

so how was Santiago?? i do plan on going on of these days... would love a trip report!! :)

But ones with money, enough to go to Santiago??? Come on get out of here.:p
Oh, you'd be surprised how many I've seen who have the change to fly in from places like Medford, North Bend, and Redmond Oregon and pretty much form lines at the trashcans to spit in.

The 767 is an amazing aircraft. After flying from Fairbanks to Frankfurt and I didnt feel tired at the end.:)

Back